Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » RAP Support for QuickAccess
RAP Support for QuickAccess [message #1850451] Thu, 03 March 2022 12:58 Go to next message
Peter Hermsdorf is currently offline Peter HermsdorfFriend
Hi,

i just noticed that o.e.rap.ui.workbench does contain the package

o.e.ui.internal.quickaccess 

but is missing

o.e.ui.quickaccess

which contains the IQuickAccessComputer, IQuickAccessComputerExtension and QuickAccessElement classes and probably other parts like extension point definitions are missing.

Basically this allows using and extending the Eclipse Ctrl-3 QuickAccess functionality.

Is it planned to add this missing pieces?
If not would a contribution be considered to be integrated in RAP?

Thanks for your answer.

Bye Peter

[Updated on: Thu, 03 March 2022 13:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RAP Support for QuickAccess [message #1851289 is a reply to message #1850451] Fri, 01 April 2022 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi again,

since we need to decide how to continue with the QuickAccess feature could anyone elaborate if this would be a useful addition to Eclipse RAP or not.
We would probably be able to port the code if it get's a chance to be integrated into the RAP project.

Thanks for any opinions or information.

Bye Peter
Re: RAP Support for QuickAccess [message #1851499 is a reply to message #1851289] Wed, 06 April 2022 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dmitry Dukhov is currently offline Dmitry DukhovFriend
QuickAccess can be useful if you have many menu items. I don't think this is good for a web application, but if your application really has a lot of menu items, it's enough to set a filter for the TreeViewer to redraw the current perspective. Use standard "new Text(parent, SWT.SEARCH | SWT.ICON_CANCEL | SWT.ICON_SEARCH | SWT.CENTER)" and work with its listener. The main thing is not using live searching (live filter) . There is the problem with redraw (pause) widget for slow network.
But it's my opinion only.
p.s. And there is some problems with hot key. But it's ordinary problem for any web app cause OS catches all hot-keys first
Re: RAP Support for QuickAccess [message #1851516 is a reply to message #1850451] Thu, 07 April 2022 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi,

these 3 classes ( IQuickAccessComputer, IQuickAccessComputerExtension and QuickAccessElement) are just interfaces/abstract class that compile fine in RAP runtime. Please open an enhancement request and provide a complete list with missing classes or extension points. A contribution through Gerrit against current RAP master branch will be welcomed.

Best regards,
Ivan
Re: RAP Support for QuickAccess [message #1851530 is a reply to message #1851516] Thu, 07 April 2022 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Ivan.
That is good news. The I'll see what i can do on that topic.

Bye Peter
Re: RAP Support for QuickAccess [message #1852073 is a reply to message #1851530] Thu, 28 April 2022 11:32 Go to previous message
I created an inital version and created an issue here: https://github.com/eclipse-rap/org.eclipse.rap/issues/5

Bye Peter
Previous Topic:Rap e4 UISynchronize
Next Topic:RAP e4 bundles and Maven Central
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:57:51 GMT 2024