Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Prompt when Editor is closed
Prompt when Editor is closed [message #1850102] Tue, 15 February 2022 22:15 Go to next message
Hubert Guerard is currently offline Hubert GuerardFriend
Context: I have an Editor which can launch Job (Progress tab). Such jobs are associated with the Editor and those jobs become worthless when the editor is closed.

What I want: When the user choses to close the Editor, I want to prompt the user if he still want to close the editor since there are currently running jobs associated with the editor. This is similar to what is happening when the Editor is dirty.

Note:
* When the user clicks on the close (x) button, the Editor is not dirty.
* The interface IPartListener2 is not useful since the editor is deemed to closed at this point.
Re: Prompt when Editor is closed [message #1850208 is a reply to message #1850102] Mon, 21 February 2022 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hubert Guerard is currently offline Hubert GuerardFriend
Was my description clear or does it need clarification?
Re: Prompt when Editor is closed [message #1850216 is a reply to message #1850208] Mon, 21 February 2022 21:35 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I tried to see if there was any way to do this, but I don't think so. There's lots of support for checking if it's dirty and needs a save prompt, but nothing to say "are you sure you want to close". It's just assumed that an editor that's not dirty can be closed and there is no mechanism to veto that while attempting to close the editor. So at least as far as I can tell, there's no clean way to implement this.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Missing PDE and JDT Runtime Binary from Eclipse 4.16 to 4.22
Next Topic:Eclipse Custom Editor mark error as native problem underline
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 09:11:36 GMT 2024