Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » Acceleo Traceability
Acceleo Traceability [message #1850076] Tue, 15 February 2022 02:59 Go to next message
M M is currently offline M MFriend
Hello,

I'm working on a project with Acceleo, and I'm trying to find a way to generate traceability information between input models and output text files.

The Acceleo wiki has a page on traceability information that does exactly what I need: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Acceleo/Traceability , but this option seems to only exist in older Acceleo versions, and judging from the git history, it was removed at some point.

Is there some sort of way to re-enable traceability functionality internally in newer versions of the Eclipse Acceleo plugin? Or has anybody created or found a way to generate this traceability information otherwise?

I'm using Acceleo version 3.7.11.202102190929.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Acceleo Traceability [message #1850079 is a reply to message #1850076] Tue, 15 February 2022 05:50 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

If you have examined the GIT history, then you are probably correct that traceability was removed; presumably because it was little used and / or too hard to maintain. It is therefore likely to be hard to re-introduce, and going back many versions will have other difficulties.

Personally, I have never understood the utility of traceability for non-trivial M2T. I would recommend that you refactor your non-trivial M2T as an M2M (with traceability) followed by a trivial M2T with correspondingly trivial traceability. You might find that using the M2M for M2T [1] approach or at least its Text model [2] helps.

Regards

Ed Willink

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/mmt/qvt/docs/OCL2018TextM2M/TextM2M.pdf
[2] /org.eclipse.qvtd.text/model/TextModel.ecore
Previous Topic:log4j 1.X series high-risk vulnerability
Next Topic:Acceleo issue- SSL Handshake Exception
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:14:25 GMT 2024