Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse on Virtual Box debug on embedded(Trying to debug my program from a Virtual Box Eclipse into a embedded device)
Eclipse on Virtual Box debug on embedded [message #1850067] Mon, 14 February 2022 15:24 Go to next message
Ander Susperregui Salegui is currently offline Ander Susperregui SaleguiFriend
Hi!

I have built a Virtual Box guest with Ubuntu in order to compile some Linux libraries and create a program which handles audio using Eclipse.

I have managed to create the executable, everything looks fine, but when I try to debug that program into my embedded device, the connection doesn't work properly. I have put my virtual box, my host and the embedded device in the same IP Lan, but that doesn't work neither.

How should I configure my virtual box and my Eclipse in order to be able to debug right away? May it be a firewall problem and how can I check it if you know?

Thanks,
Ander.
Re: Eclipse on Virtual Box debug on embedded [message #1850073 is a reply to message #1850067] Mon, 14 February 2022 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
If your embedded device runs Linux, it very probably is using shared libraries. If the compilation host uses a different processor and/or release of Linux, you need to have the dynamic libraries on the development to link a correct executable.

Another thing is that you need to have the proper audio hardware drivers on the target device.

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: Eclipse on Virtual Box debug on embedded [message #1850083 is a reply to message #1850073] Tue, 15 February 2022 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I have made an image which has the libraries of audio I use to compile my program in Eclipse and I have also checked the proper audio hardware driver on my target device. The problem is with the communication between the virtual machine and the embedded system. Does anyone know how do I have to configurate everything (VirtualBox , Eclipse and emebedded) in order to be able to debug my program? I have tried to put all the devices in same IP group, but they can't communicate. Any idea?
Re: Eclipse on Virtual Box debug on embedded [message #1850101 is a reply to message #1850083] Tue, 15 February 2022 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you access the embedded device from Ubuntu console in VirtualBox?

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: Eclipse on Virtual Box debug on embedded [message #1850156 is a reply to message #1850101] Fri, 18 February 2022 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What do you mean by accesing? I cant ping from one to another eventhough I can configure them in the same IP group.

[Updated on: Fri, 18 February 2022 11:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse on Virtual Box debug on embedded [message #1850166 is a reply to message #1850156] Fri, 18 February 2022 19:48 Go to previous message
That answers the question: This is off-topic for Eclipse. You need to sort out your network before anything more can be done.

--

Tauno Voipio
Previous Topic:Eclipse Che Workspace Start Issue
Next Topic:Servlet not working after deployment on Apache Tomcat 9.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 15:35:24 GMT 2024