Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » What can I do to become a better PHP programmer?
What can I do to become a better PHP programmer? [message #1850040] Sat, 12 February 2022 11:51 Go to next message
mikei delrini is currently offline mikei delriniFriend
So far most of the work I've done deals with procedural or semi-procedural PHP and it's getting tiring to say the least. I learned about Laravel and I've been enthusiastically watching Laracasts applinked videos for the past few nights and I finally understand how PHP is suppose to be written.

Is there anything specific you cinema hd can recommend as far as anything I can read/watch/try to become better?

[Updated on: Wed, 16 February 2022 16:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: What can I do to become a better PHP programmer? [message #1855640 is a reply to message #1850040] Tue, 25 October 2022 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jileini mini is currently offline jileini miniFriend
mikei delrini wrote on Sat, 12 February 2022 11:51
So far most of the work I've done deals with procedural or semi-procedural PHP and it's getting tiring to say the least. I learned about Laravel and I've been enthusiastically watching Laracasts applinked videos for the past few nights and I finally understand how PHP is suppose to bee tv be written.

Is there anything specific you cinema hd can recommend as far as anything I can read/watch/try to become better?

Someone please respond.
Re: What can I do to become a better PHP programmer? [message #1855754 is a reply to message #1855640] Tue, 01 November 2022 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt Nicholas is currently offline Matt NicholasFriend
Well, I would say take a professional course in PHP language. Generally, they are 6-8 months courses provided at various educational institutes. Enroll yourself, learn, practice, create projects on your own and you'll become a better PHP programmer for sure. Good luck.
Re: What can I do to become a better PHP programmer? [message #1855897 is a reply to message #1855754] Wed, 09 November 2022 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gulshan Negi is currently offline Gulshan NegiFriend
PHP is one of the most demanding Programming Languages and many of Organizations use PHP as the there main language. there are many courses and tutorials are available on the internet, also In the Udemy and in the Coursera listed many of the PHP Tutorials, and also in YouTube there are many tutorials, and I Thinks books are one of the best resources to learn any new thing.
Re: What can I do to become a better PHP programmer? [message #1859087 is a reply to message #1855897] Thu, 11 May 2023 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shiv Technolabs is currently offline Shiv TechnolabsFriend
If you want to become a better or best PHP programmer, then you have to focus on below key points:

1. Knowledge of Ajax, jQuery, and MySQL.
2. Photoshop or a alike design tool
3. The capability to think critically
4. Right communication skills
5. Require to know JavaScript, CSS, and HTML.
6. A skill for problem-solving
By focusing on these points you can easily get a PHP developer role in a well-known IT company.

[Updated on: Thu, 11 May 2023 13:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: What can I do to become a better PHP programmer? [message #1859104 is a reply to message #1850040] Thu, 11 May 2023 18:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kabiru Usman is currently offline Kabiru UsmanFriend

1. Laravel Docs: Don't skip these, they're well written and super helpful.
  2. Laracasts: You're already on this - awesome! Jeffrey Way is a fantastic teacher.
  3. "Laravel: Up and Running" by Matt Stauffer: It's an excellent book that'll take you far.
  4. Laravel News Podcast: Stay updated on the Laravel ecosystem and hear some great talks.

Practise is king, so try building a basic CRUD app or a blog. You'll learn loads. Happy coding!
Re: What can I do to become a better PHP programmer? [message #1859714 is a reply to message #1850040] Fri, 23 June 2023 06:01 Go to previous message
Tarun Nagar is currently offline Tarun NagarFriend
To become a better PHP developer, here are some tips and suggestions:

Learn the Fundamentals: Start by mastering the basics of PHP, including syntax, variables, data types, control structures, functions, and object-oriented programming (OOP) concepts. Having a strong foundation will make it easier to tackle more advanced topics.

Practice Regularly: Programming is a skill that improves with practice. Write code frequently to reinforce your knowledge and gain hands-on experience. Consider working on small projects or solving coding challenges to sharpen your PHP skills.

Read Documentation: Familiarize yourself with the official PHP documentation (php.net). It contains comprehensive information about PHP functions, features, and best practices. The documentation is an invaluable resource that can help you understand PHP's capabilities and use them effectively.

Follow Best Practices: Adopt industry-standard coding practices to ensure clean, maintainable, and efficient code. This includes using meaningful variable and function names, organizing your code into reusable functions and classes, and adhering to coding standards like PSR-1 and PSR-12.

Use Version Control: Learn to use version control systems like Git. Version control allows you to track changes, collaborate with others, and easily revert to previous code versions if needed. GitHub and Bitbucket are popular platforms for hosting and sharing code repositories.

Learn Web Development Basics: PHP is often used in web development, so understanding the basics of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript is crucial. Familiarize yourself with frontend technologies and frameworks like Bootstrap and jQuery to create dynamic and visually appealing web applications.

Explore PHP Frameworks: PHP frameworks such as Laravel, Symfony, and CodeIgniter provide structured environments for building web applications. Learn at least one popular framework as it can streamline development, provide code organization, and offer additional features like database abstraction and routing.

Debugging and Testing: Improve your debugging skills by learning to use PHP debugging tools and techniques. Additionally, adopt testing methodologies like unit testing (with PHPUnit) and integration testing to ensure the reliability and quality of your code.

Stay Updated: PHP evolves over time, so it's essential to stay up to date with the latest trends, features, and security practices. Follow PHP-related blogs, join forums and communities, and attend conferences or meetups to keep learning from industry experts and peers.

Build Real-World Projects: Apply your PHP skills to real-world projects. Creating practical applications will expose you to various challenges and help you understand how to implement PHP effectively in different scenarios.

Remember, becoming a better PHP developer takes time and dedication. Keep practicing, experimenting, and expanding your knowledge to continuously improve your skills in PHP development.
Previous Topic:php Refactoring does not change references
Next Topic:Implement Laravel To My website
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:11:47 GMT 2024