Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » RAP Chart - dataset.label(org.eclipse.rap.chartjs to show the indicator)
RAP Chart - dataset.label [message #1849923] Tue, 08 February 2022 15:21 Go to next message
David Lee is currently offline David LeeFriend
Hello,

I am using org.eclipse.rap.chartjs as our RAP chart provider.

My question is:
When using Bar chart to show data for every months of 3 years, we'll specify 3 colors for the 3 years, each color represents one year(12 bars), then how to show "labels & years" on the top of the chart?
It usually looks like a small square filled with a color(same as its corresponding bars'), and followed with the year number right side, users can tell which color is which year by "labels & years" indicator.

I know It's like setting "chart.data.datasets[x].label" in Chart.js, I also modified function toJson() in ChartRowData.java, added '.add( "label", "2021")', the "label" can be received by Chart.js, but never shows "labels & years" indicator on the top of chart.
I don't know much of JavaScript.
How can I achieve that?

Thank you!

David Lee

[Updated on: Tue, 08 February 2022 15:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RAP Chart - dataset.label [message #1849944 is a reply to message #1849923] Wed, 09 February 2022 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi David,

could you please sketch on your screenshot what do want to achieve (where and what label do you want to place).

Best regards,
Ivan
Re: RAP Chart - dataset.label [message #1849945 is a reply to message #1849923] Wed, 09 February 2022 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi David,

just a hint - please check "org/eclipse/rap/chartjs/internal/ChartPaintListener.js" where the chart options from the server are applied to the client widget.

Best regards,
Ivan
Re: RAP Chart - dataset.label [message #1849969 is a reply to message #1849944] Thu, 10 February 2022 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, Ivan,

Thank you for your reply!
What I need is shown like the attached picture, "color and year number" on the top of the chart.

Best Regards,
David

[Updated on: Thu, 10 February 2022 02:52]

Re: RAP Chart - dataset.label [message #1849974 is a reply to message #1849945] Thu, 10 February 2022 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev wrote on Wed, 09 February 2022 06:04
Hi David,

just a hint - please check "org/eclipse/rap/chartjs/internal/ChartPaintListener.js" where the chart options from the server are applied to the client widget.

Best regards,
Ivan

Hi, Ivan,

Thank you for your hint.
I put 'debugger' in the function handleEvent( event ) {} of "org/eclipse/rap/chartjs/internal/ChartPaintListener.js", the "label" was indeed transferred to dataset.label, but it's not shown on the top of chart!
Did I miss something ?

Best,
David
Re: RAP Chart - dataset.label [message #1849977 is a reply to message #1849974] Thu, 10 February 2022 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi David,

I'm not familiar with client-side Chart.js API. In the "org/eclipse/rap/chartjs/internal/ChartPaintListener.js" you have to pass the label to the correct option/api of the client-side chart widget (if possible).

Best regards,
Ivan
Re: RAP Chart - dataset.label [message #1850044 is a reply to message #1849977] Sun, 13 February 2022 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear Ivan,

Thank you for your replies!

After trying over and over again and looking up related information, my conclusion is:
org.eclipse.rap.chartjs supports Chart.js 1.0 only, which does not support "label"(not "labels") display.

In my opinion, org.eclipse.rap.chartjs is really a simple/good approach to show charts even just supports Chart.js 1.0 only, basically enough for use, the only problem is not showing "label"!
It's a pity!
(If I am wrong, please feel free to let me know!)

Looking forward to seeing its new version if possible!

Best Regards,
David
Re: RAP Chart - dataset.label [message #1851776 is a reply to message #1850044] Fri, 15 April 2022 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dmitry Dukhov is currently offline Dmitry DukhovFriend
Excuse me Did You discuss about RAP chart from incubator ( https://www.eclipse.org/rap/incubator/ )?
Re: RAP Chart - dataset.label [message #1851785 is a reply to message #1851776] Fri, 15 April 2022 13:34 Go to previous message
Dmitry Dukhov wrote on Fri, 15 April 2022 05:39
Excuse me Did You discuss about RAP chart from incubator ( https://www.eclipse.org/rap/incubator/ )?

Hi, Dmitry,

No.
We discussed about org.eclipse.rap.chartjs which you can download from https://github.com/tbuschto/rap-chartjs not the incubator one on https://git.eclipse.org/c/rap/incubator/org.eclipse.rap.incubator.chart.git
I referred to https://eclipsesource.com/blogs/2014/07/21/yet-another-charting-widget-for-rap/ at first.

David

[Updated on: Fri, 15 April 2022 13:42]

Previous Topic:Best practise to dynamically set session language in RAP
Next Topic:Rap e4 UISynchronize
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:02:50 GMT 2024