Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Eclipse compains "Unable to generate valid launch configuration" (Cannot run or debug any PHP file anymore. Eclipse compains ""Unable to generate valid launch configuration" )
Eclipse compains "Unable to generate valid launch configuration" [message #1849520] Sun, 23 January 2022 10:00 Go to next message
Peter Hunkeler is currently offline Peter HunkelerFriend
Update: Cross-posted to stackoverflow Eclipse complains "Unable to generate valid launch configuration" - Cannot run or debug any PHP file anymore

I'm using Eclipse PDT 2021-12 (4.22.0) to develop a PHP web application. The runtime environment is XAMPP for Windows 8.0.10 with PHP 7.4, and Firefox (96.0.2)

Today, I have screwed up something in the Eclipse setup, and I can no longer run, or debug, the simplest PHP file. Eclipse complains "Unable to generate valid launch configuration" when I click on "Run as", or "Debug as".

I seem to remember to have opened the "Run Configurtions" dialog, and to delete the run configuration for a specific PHP file. I may have deleted something here I shouldn't, but how do I restore?

Any hint is appreciated.

--
Peter

[Updated on: Sun, 23 January 2022 18:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse compains "Unable to generate valid launch configuration" [message #1849526 is a reply to message #1849520] Sun, 23 January 2022 20:23 Go to previous message
Peter Hunkeler is currently offline Peter HunkelerFriend
I have reinstalled Ecplise and the problem is gone.
Not the best solution, but I needed to be able to continue working.

--
Peter
Previous Topic:[Ignore topic] Avoid automatic start of debug when "calling" web application in browser
Next Topic:How do I synchronize my Eclipse PHP (Git) Directory with a Windows IIS localhost folder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 10:47:40 GMT 2024