Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Circle shape is shown as oval, anyone encountered this?
Circle shape is shown as oval, anyone encountered this? [message #1849227] Sun, 09 January 2022 18:00 Go to next message
fang yan is currently offline fang yanFriend
Hi,

I just started GEF learning.

After setting up, I ran some examples with GEF.

This is only one issue that all the nodes that I set the shape as "circle" are displayed as oval.
Other shapes display well.

My environment is as follow:
open jdk-11
javafx-sdk-11.0.2
Eclipse IDE for Eclipse Committers 2021-12
GEF (5.x) release

Has anyone encountered this problem?
Could you help me with this?
I need to generate a diagram with specific shapes including circles.

Thanks
Fang
  • Attachment: test.dot
    (Size: 0.09KB, Downloaded 56 times)
  • Attachment: circle issue.png
    (Size: 109.60KB, Downloaded 110 times)
Re: Circle shape is shown as oval, anyone encountered this? [message #1849235 is a reply to message #1849227] Mon, 10 January 2022 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tamas Miklossy is currently offline Tamas MiklossyFriend
Hello Fang!

Could you please try to configure the location of the dot executable on the Graphviz Preference Page (Windows -> Preferences -> GEF DOT -> Graphviz) to see if the circle rendering becomes better?
For more information, see the https://github.com/eclipse/gef/wiki/DOT-User-Guide

Hope that helps,
Tamás
Re: Circle shape is shown as oval, anyone encountered this? [message #1849244 is a reply to message #1849235] Mon, 10 January 2022 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Tamás,

Thanks very much. Your advice works!

Why do I need this step?
I thought this configuration would be covered when I install GEF through update site?
Does this mean GEF needs to work on top of Graphviz?

And why this step of configuration in not in the setting up procedures of GEF in github?
Did I do something wrong so that I need this configuration step specifically?

Fang
Re: Circle shape is shown as oval, anyone encountered this? [message #1849246 is a reply to message #1849244] Mon, 10 January 2022 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Fang!

You can use GEF DOT without Graphiz, but that should be only a workaround where there is no possibility to install Graphviz on the computer.
Using GEF DOT with Graphiz is better supported, so we suggest to use GEF DOT on top of Graphiz.

As far as I remember, this additional configuration is described on the the https://github.com/eclipse/gef/wiki/DOT-User-Guide

Hope that helps,
Tamás
Re: Circle shape is shown as oval, anyone encountered this? [message #1849249 is a reply to message #1849246] Mon, 10 January 2022 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Tamás,

I encountered new problem with diagram display in GEF.
The record shapes are displayed with label text missing.
And there are other issues like the example I attached here. The node 2 with style rounded and filled, but it displays as ungrounded.

What is wrong with my code or my tool setting?

I followed the Graphviz grammar, is there specific grammar for GEF that I should use?

Thanks.

Fang

Re: Circle shape is shown as oval, anyone encountered this? [message #1849255 is a reply to message #1849249] Mon, 10 January 2022 12:54 Go to previous message
Hello Fang!

- Rendering the node 2 with style rounded is not yet supported by the GEF DOT Graph View
- Rendering the label text in record shapes should work (it also works for me, see the attached screenshot)

Tamás
Previous Topic:Zest
Next Topic:is it possible to attach two shapes together without edge?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:53:23 GMT 2024