Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » How to export EMF projects and Sirius as plug-ins using Maven and Tycho?(Hope to give a tutorial)  () 1 Vote
How to export EMF projects and Sirius as plug-ins using Maven and Tycho? [message #1848870] Tue, 21 December 2021 15:46 Go to next message
Hongbin Xiao is currently offline Hongbin XiaoFriend
How to export EMF projects and Sirius as plug-ins using Maven and Tycho?
Hope to give a tutorial
Thank you.

I don't know much about Maven and Tycho. I hope a kind-hearted person can make a tutorial video about "How to export EMF projects and Sirius as plug-ins using Maven and Tycho?"
Re: How to export EMF projects and Sirius as plug-ins using Maven and Tycho? [message #1849436 is a reply to message #1848870] Wed, 19 January 2022 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brandon Lewis is currently offline Brandon LewisFriend
This "How to create an Eclipse Sirius based RCP" video is a great place to start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmUrTlzqCXc

It may not directly answer all of your questions, but it's a nice, step by step, from beginning to end overview. It really helped understand stuff I was missing.

So watch this video and try it yourself. Once complete, you'll know a lot more about how Tycho bridges between the Eclipse plug-in world and the Maven world.

[Updated on: Wed, 19 January 2022 19:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to export EMF projects and Sirius as plug-ins using Maven and Tycho? [message #1849442 is a reply to message #1849436] Thu, 20 January 2022 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried, and the RCP has been successfully built, but the log reports the following errors

index.php/fa/41565/0/
  • Attachment: erro.png
    (Size: 288.30KB, Downloaded 418 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 20 January 2022 08:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to export EMF projects and Sirius as plug-ins using Maven and Tycho? [message #1849499 is a reply to message #1849442] Fri, 21 January 2022 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sometimes a built product may be missing plugins that are only discovered at runtime. To debug this, you need to track that you are sure the missing plugin is discoverable within your target, your feature, and finally make sure it's mentioned in your product.
Your Maven build is following a different set of "build instructions" than the Eclipse IDE (Tycho is playing a part in translating your Eclipse project META-INF stuff to Maven). And your eclipse-product specifies which features/plugins get bundled together with the final product.
I would first start at your product description make make sure you've included that feature/plugin into the product definition. (this is frequently where I've hit missing plugins at runtime)

You can examine the plugins of your product. With the video I linked, I believe your product will be a zip file for windows/etc (yours looks like Windows) . If you open that zip file, you can look into the plugins included and make sure the missing plugin mentioned in your error exists
in the product that got created. 7-Zip lets you browse the export *.zip file.
Re: How to export EMF projects and Sirius as plug-ins using Maven and Tycho? [message #1849679 is a reply to message #1849499] Sat, 29 January 2022 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your help was very much appreciated
Re: How to export EMF projects and Sirius as plug-ins using Maven and Tycho? [message #1849928 is a reply to message #1849499] Tue, 08 February 2022 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Chiang is currently offline Thomas ChiangFriend
I was following along with the video tutorial that you posted and now I have the following tycho errors after converting my metamodel project to a maven project:
index.php/fa/41645/0/

Any idea how to resolve these errors?

This is the pom.xml file for the project:

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 https://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd">
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>org.mcmaster.workflowplus.wfp</groupId>
  <artifactId>org.mcmaster.workflowplus.wfp</artifactId>
  <packaging>eclipse-plugin</packaging> <!-- This is the line causing the error in the pom.xml file for my metamodel project that was converted to maven.-->
  <name>Workflowplus</name>
  <parent>
  	<groupId>org.mcmaster.workflowplus</groupId>
  	<artifactId>org.mcmaster.workflowplus.parent</artifactId>
  	<version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
  	<relativePath>../../../../../eclipse-workspace/org.mcmaster.workflowplus.parent</relativePath>
  </parent>
</project>
Re: How to export EMF projects and Sirius as plug-ins using Maven and Tycho? [message #1850008 is a reply to message #1849928] Thu, 10 February 2022 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Chiang is currently offline Thomas ChiangFriend
I've managed to resolve those errors however I am also running into a similar issue with my dependencies.
index.php/fa/41659/0/

Those are the messages I receive when I run as Maven Install. However what I am confused about is that Sirius 6.4.2 is already in my project manifest.mf
index.php/fa/41660/0/

I am unsure how to resolve this issue. Any advice?
Re: How to export EMF projects and Sirius as plug-ins using Maven and Tycho? [message #1850043 is a reply to message #1850008] Sun, 13 February 2022 00:05 Go to previous message
With the Sirius entry inside your manifest file, you need to double check that particular version of Sirius is in the eclipse target plugin for your app.

It very likely is not.

Your target is an independent specification of all plugins independent from your eclipse install you're using to develop in. This lets you define a minimum set of plugins for your app instead of a potentially bloated development environment.
Previous Topic:Sirius web
Next Topic: SiriusCon 2022 - Call for Papers is now open!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:36:53 GMT 2024