Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Viewpoint Selection is empty(Sirius does not allow to select a Viewpoint in the Viewpoint Selection)
Viewpoint Selection is empty [message #1848820] Sat, 18 December 2021 13:56 Go to next message
Cristian González García is currently offline Cristian González GarcíaFriend
Hi,

I am using Sirius and everything is fine. The problem is with a colleague, who cannot select the viewpoint in the Viewpoint Selection when he launches the editor as an Eclipse Application. After testing different things, I sent to him my Eclipse version and my projects, but he has the same problem: he selects the Viewpoint selection but this view is empty.

Does anyone know the reason for that problem? He has Java 17 and in my case Java 16. Both of us have an updated Windows 10.

Thank you so much,
Cristian
Re: Viewpoint Selection is empty [message #1848861 is a reply to message #1848820] Tue, 21 December 2021 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hakan  Yüksek is currently offline Hakan YüksekFriend
Cristian González García wrote on Sat, 18 December 2021 13:56
Hi,

I am using Sirius and everything is fine. The problem is with a colleague, who cannot select the viewpoint in the Viewpoint Selection when he launches the editor as an Eclipse Application. After testing different things, I sent to him my Eclipse version and my projects, but he has the same problem: he selects the Viewpoint selection but this view is empty.

Does anyone know the reason for that problem? He has Java 17 and in my case Java 16. Both of us have an updated Windows 10.

Thank you so much,
Cristian

Hi, can you select Viewpoint in your eclipse? Can you check the model file extension of the VSP?

Can you share your odesign file of the VSP Project?
Re: Viewpoint Selection is empty [message #1848881 is a reply to message #1848861] Wed, 22 December 2021 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cristian González García is currently offline Cristian González GarcíaFriend
Hi Hakan,

yes, when I launch my project as an Eclipse Application, in this 'second' Eclipse I can click on my project and select Viewpoint Seleccion. When I click in it appears a small empty Windows (Viewpoints Selections window) in which I had to select my Viewpoint, but this one isn't in it.

Link to the odesing: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jzgbgnmtsgqz72i/basicTienda.odesign?dl=0

Thank you!
Re: Viewpoint Selection is empty [message #1860952 is a reply to message #1848881] Mon, 11 September 2023 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frédéric Cadier is currently offline Frédéric CadierFriend
Hi,

this is an old post... but it seems I have the same problem.

I make the Sirius design in a workspace and package it in an Eclipse Update Site to distribute it.

It works fine for the first file extension we use in our project (*.taskconcept).

I recently introduced the support for a second file we use (*.presentation) and the users of the Update Site have no Viewpoint offered for their *.presentation files...

We tried to 1/ recreate the aird files, 2/ uninstall/reinstall the plugin, 3/to rebuild the Eclipse Workspace from scratch and reimport the projects, .None has solved the problem.

PS : I can reproduce the problem on a separate Eclipse workspace on my own.
Re: Viewpoint Selection is empty [message #1861263 is a reply to message #1860952] Tue, 03 October 2023 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
sorry, I'm still stucked on this...

I am asking myself if what I've done is correct : can I have 2 .odesign in a single plugin to distribute them ?
Re: Viewpoint Selection is empty [message #1861267 is a reply to message #1861263] Tue, 03 October 2023 09:48 Go to previous message
ok, I finally found it...

You have to modify the plug-in Activator class to ask it to register the second .odesign file in the start method !

Hope this can help somebody else :-)
Previous Topic:Creating multiple views for an element
Next Topic:Tuning genmodel parameters to change XMI file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:38:13 GMT 2024