Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » viewpoint specification model can not be loaded
viewpoint specification model can not be loaded [message #1848226] Thu, 25 November 2021 13:32 Go to next message
Tim Duncan is currently offline Tim DuncanFriend
Hello,
When I used "Launch an Eclipse application" to test a Sirius product, I encountered this stuck problem:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.sirius 2 0 2021-11-25 20:51:58.710
!MESSAGE The viewpoint specification model (platform:/plugin/com.antai.swb.design/description/swb.odesign) can not be loaded because it comes from a more recent Sirius release.
VSM version is: 12.0.0.2017041100
Last Sirius migration version is: 11.1.1.201610211630
!STACK 0
java.lang.RuntimeException: Can't deploy VSM in the viewpoint registry.
at org.eclipse.sirius.business.internal.componentization.ViewpointRegistryImpl$1.isValid(ViewpointRegistryImpl.java:124)

Some guys said that it can be solved by manually changing the version in a specific file, but it does not work for me. I am not sure if the correct file is not found or the location in the file.

anything I can do to resolve it ??

Thanks a lot !
  • Attachment: ph.PNG
    (Size: 30.68KB, Downloaded 132 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 25 November 2021 13:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: viewpoint specification model can not be loaded [message #1848238 is a reply to message #1848226] Thu, 25 November 2021 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello Tim,

Well, if you open the odesign in a text editor, you will see that the root element "<description:Group" has a "version" parameter that holds this version number. However, I would not advise to change it manually. We do not have backward automatic migration, but we have upward automatic migration (You open a .odesign done in an older Sirius version and it will automatically migrate to your current version by opening it). As it relies on this version information, changing it manually will probably prevent migration.

I am only guessing but someone probably shared with you an odesign made on a more recent version of Sirius. In that case, I would suggest to update your own environment to match theirs. Otherwise, you may have been working on an environment with Sirius (like the Eclipse Modeling bundle) and then launched a runtime base on a Target Plaform set with an older version of Sirius. In that case, either you update the target platform or you edit the .odesign file only in the runtime environment.

Best regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius

[Updated on: Fri, 26 November 2021 04:12]

Re: viewpoint specification model can not be loaded [message #1848283 is a reply to message #1848238] Fri, 26 November 2021 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, Steve,
It's very nice of you to give such a detail instruction, thank you very much! It already works.
And it may works long ago...... because I found I made a mistake...... I checked the log file in the text editor every time I run the test. I mistakenly thought that the log file would be completely refreshed every time. In fact, it just adds the result of this time at the end of the file. I ignored time information......
So, the actual problem is:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2021-11-26 20:11:06.266
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.abc.project.design.Activator.run(java.lang.Object)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1786)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.callMethodWithException(EclipseAppContainer.java:592)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:205)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:401)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:657)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:594)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1447)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1420)

I specified com.xxx.design.Activator.java as the extension of org.eclipse.core.runtime.applications and Application of the product. Because I compared this Activator class with the Application class of an usual RCP project, they both only contain start and stop methods.
Is this wrong? What should i do?

[Updated on: Fri, 26 November 2021 12:51]

Re: viewpoint specification model can not be loaded [message #1848299 is a reply to message #1848283] Fri, 26 November 2021 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Tim,

I am not quite sure to follow, I do not remember needing a reference to an Activator in a product, but rather a list of plugins. Are you packaging your design plugin in a larger application you are creating (otherwise I would recommand the feature&update site project approach we talked about on the other topic :) )?
If it can help, you can look at the Sirius git for an example on how we created our test product [1], but we are also using Tycho, so we may have differences with how we built it.

Best regards,
Steve

[1] https://git.eclipse.org/c/sirius/org.eclipse.sirius.git/tree/packaging/org.eclipse.sirius.tests.product

[Updated on: Fri, 26 November 2021 23:38]

Re: viewpoint specification model can not be loaded [message #1848302 is a reply to message #1848299] Sat, 27 November 2021 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Steve,

Yes, I developed a Sirius modeling plug-in. Under your kind guidance in another topic, it can now be deployed and run normally in the Eclipse environment. Now I want it to break away from the Eclipse environment and become a modeling program that can run independently (plus some other plug-ins, such as algorithms), what should I do?
Do I have to use Tycho?
Or I can create an RCP project first, then add all these developed plug-ins to the contents of the product configuration, and then build the product? If so, how to start the Sirius plugin in the RCP class and where is the entry point?

And also, how to integrate Sirius plugin and core algorithms plugin which processes the models built by the user through the Sirius plug-in?

Best regards,
Tim

[Updated on: Sat, 27 November 2021 13:23]

Re: viewpoint specification model can not be loaded [message #1848365 is a reply to message #1848302] Mon, 29 November 2021 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Tim,

Concerning the breaking away from the Eclipse environment, I am not sure if I can answer better than "you cannot". Sirius relies on different Eclipse frameworks such as EMF, GMF, GEF, the Eclipse workbench and so on. If it is the update site installation step that does not suits you, you can create a bundle using Tycho for instance. I mostly change/update our build made with Tycho so I have to admit am not the best to guide you on the build processes (It is a Sirius forum in the end :-P), but you can find some nice tutorials on how to build your own environment.
You can also automatically install the content of your update site from a script using p2 director, if it is better for you. It would look like this:
eclipsec.exe
   -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director
   -console -consoleLog 
   -repository <path_to_update-site>
   -tag <install_feature_something>
   -destination <eclipse_installation_folder>
   -profile DefaultProfile
   -installIU <feature_name_in_update-site>

Best regards,
Steve

Re: viewpoint specification model can not be loaded [message #1848381 is a reply to message #1848365] Tue, 30 November 2021 12:23 Go to previous message
Maybe I need to learn more about Eclipse knowledge. Thank you Steve, Thank you!
Previous Topic:How to refresh the opened Sirius Diagram Editor?
Next Topic:Change Window Size of the Dialog
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 05:17:16 GMT 2024