Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Where to read the relationship "Element has Constraint" outside the diagram?
Where to read the relationship "Element has Constraint" outside the diagram? [message #1847710] Thu, 04 November 2021 10:01 Go to next message
Ilja Kraval is currently offline Ilja KravalFriend
Hi all,

In EA, Constraint is aggregated into Element.
In Papyrus, the Constraint stands as a separate Element (according to UML: It is a descendant of the PackageableElement) and it is linked to the given Element by a Link.
However, we need the fact that this "Element has this Constraint" (or these Constraints) to be visible not only on the diagram, but in some window or reasonable listing for inspection purposes and for implementation requirements.

How and where to get this information out of the diagram?

Thanks for the advice

Ilya.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2021 10:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Where to read the relationship "Element has Constraint" outside the diagram? [message #1847715 is a reply to message #1847710] Thu, 04 November 2021 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
Hi Ilya,

a solution might be a query like the one below

index.php/fa/41260/0/

this query queries the model, the uml-file saved to be exactly. So save before querying.

index.php/fa/41262/0/

This feature implies Acceleo is installed.

Btw, the very same query you can use to generate a LibreOffice/Word Document using GenDoc. So you can generate a custom report :-)

A slightly altered query can look for "unbound" constraints, here defined as constrains with no constrainedElement defined.

index.php/fa/41263/0/

/Carsten

PS the sample was done in my Papyrus 6 test bed :-)

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2021 12:11]

Re: Where to read the relationship "Element has Constraint" outside the diagram? [message #1847723 is a reply to message #1847710] Thu, 04 November 2021 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ilya,

an additional remark

The tricky part is, that as I interpret the UML specification the visible link does NOT express that the constraint constrains the linked elements. The solution I presented implies the constrainedElement association end of the Constrain element is used accordingly. The A_constrainedElement_constraint association defined in the UML specification has no visual representation.

A really interesting question, many thanks :-)

/Carsten
Re: Where to read the relationship "Element has Constraint" outside the diagram? [message #1847730 is a reply to message #1847723] Thu, 04 November 2021 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Carsten,
thanks a lot,
it looks a bit more complicated (but only a matter of time before I prepare it :)),

I don't see the content of Constraint. I guess the query would have to be modified to show the specification, language and body, right?

I have a supplementary question:

Is there no "matrix of relations" (with filters) in Papyrus where this relation with ends could be found?

Ilya

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2021 14:54]

Re: Where to read the relationship "Element has Constraint" outside the diagram? [message #1847735 is a reply to message #1847730] Thu, 04 November 2021 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
]or you expand the query results :-)

index.php/fa/41265/0/

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2021 16:44]

Re: Where to read the relationship "Element has Constraint" outside the diagram? [message #1847736 is a reply to message #1847730] Thu, 04 November 2021 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For more elaborate reports I recommend GenDoc generated Open-/Libre-/Microsoft-Office documents. GenDoc can generate text, presentation and spreadsheet documents. Also because reports can be archived and be presented at an project audit.

/Carsten
Re: Where to read the relationship "Element has Constraint" outside the diagram? [message #1847738 is a reply to message #1847736] Thu, 04 November 2021 17:25 Go to previous message
Hi, Carsten,

thanks a lot,

I plan to test and deploy GenDoc soon.

Ilya
Previous Topic:[CSS] Remove <<Interface>> label adn size of compartment
Next Topic:A Constraint attached to an Attribute
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:22:42 GMT 2024