Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Performance issue with DialectManagerImpl::getRepresentationDescriptors()
Performance issue with DialectManagerImpl::getRepresentationDescriptors() [message #1847657] Wed, 03 November 2021 06:51 Go to next message
Denis Nikiforov is currently offline Denis NikiforovFriend
Hi

We have big enough odesign files (4 Mb). The problem is that the bigger odesign file is the slower Sirius works.

It seems that the problem with the following method:
org.eclipse.sirius.business.internal.dialect.DialectManagerImpl::getRepresentationDescriptors(RepresentationDescription representationDescription, Session session)

It's called a lot of times. Maybe it's possible to cache representation descriptors?

index.php/fa/41247/0/
Re: Performance issue with DialectManagerImpl::getRepresentationDescriptors() [message #1847802 is a reply to message #1847657] Mon, 08 November 2021 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

org.eclipse.sirius.business.internal.dialect.DialectManagerImpl::getRepresentationDescriptors(RepresentationDescription representationDescription, Session session) will scan all the representation descriptor in the session (in the .aird file), not the representation descripton (.odesign). So it will be more due to the number of representations created in your session than the number of representation description in your odesign. But anyway, I see your point, there might be some cache we could add to improve performances. Did this capture taking 30s happened in a particular scenario? Opening of a session or a representation? Restarting Eclipse with many representation opened in editors?

Best regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Performance issue with DialectManagerImpl::getRepresentationDescriptors() [message #1847824 is a reply to message #1847802] Tue, 09 November 2021 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the answer!

I think I've got it. The problem is caused by the aird-file editor. I mean the editor with 2 panes: a list of semantic models referenced from an aird, a list of viewpoints and representations. If the editor is closed then representation creation works very fast. But if the aird editor is opened, than it takes 15-30 seconds. This time is spent for the aird editor refresh. It's slow even if I create a representation using a context menu in a model explorer.

Also it takes a lot of time to open this editor, to enable a viewpoint, to create a representation.

We have about 250 representations in our aird. The file size is 120 Mb.

it seems not very critical, as I thought before, because we could just keep this editor closed :)
Re: Performance issue with DialectManagerImpl::getRepresentationDescriptors() [message #1847831 is a reply to message #1847824] Tue, 09 November 2021 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Denis,

Impressive. A lot of work has been done to have a project this size :).

Thank you for noticing this issue with the aird editor. If you don't mind, could you create a bugzilla [1] about this drawback in performances when this editor is opened? I am glad you have the workaround. That looks like the kind of issue we should look into though.

Best regards,
Steve

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Sirius

[Updated on: Wed, 10 November 2021 18:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Performance issue with DialectManagerImpl::getRepresentationDescriptors() [message #1847840 is a reply to message #1847831] Wed, 10 November 2021 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is a bugzilla https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=577164
Re: Performance issue with DialectManagerImpl::getRepresentationDescriptors() [message #1847862 is a reply to message #1847840] Wed, 10 November 2021 18:02 Go to previous message
Hi Denis,

Thank you for your feedback on this performance issue with the aird editor.

Best regards,
Steve

[Updated on: Wed, 10 November 2021 18:03]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Preserve layout with copy&paste of many elements within the same diagram
Next Topic:SelectDRepresentationElementsListener performace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:51:32 GMT 2024