Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » How to convert Sirius Project to Eclipse Plugin?  () 1 Vote
How to convert Sirius Project to Eclipse Plugin? [message #1847642] Tue, 02 November 2021 19:41 Go to next message
Thomas Chiang is currently offline Thomas ChiangFriend
Hello,

I have a working editor that I have created in Sirius and I would like to convert it as well as all generated files from my ecore model into an eclipse plugin so that I can create more test cases for it.

I haven't found any documentation about converting a Sirius project and the dependent generated files to a plugin so any help would be appreciated.
Re: How to convert Sirius Project to Eclipse Plugin? [message #1847716 is a reply to message #1847642] Thu, 04 November 2021 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hongbin Xiao is currently offline Hongbin XiaoFriend
I have same problem
Re: How to convert Sirius Project to Eclipse Plugin? [message #1847726 is a reply to message #1847716] Thu, 04 November 2021 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Your Sirius project almost certainly is an Eclipse plugin already. (The .project file has a org.eclipse.pde.PluginNature.)

If not, use Configure->Convert to Plugin Projects...

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: How to convert Sirius Project to Eclipse Plugin? [message #1847727 is a reply to message #1847726] Thu, 04 November 2021 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Chiang is currently offline Thomas ChiangFriend
Maybe I need to change the question. Currently the only way I can get people to use my tool is to have them download the ecore project and its generated projects, and download the Sirius specification project, and open them all in the project explorer in Eclipse before launching a runtime application in order to make a new modeling project and then start creating models with my tool. I am instead trying to convert my project to a plugin in order to allow them to make models right away in the original Eclipse window.

Also I can't find the convert to plugin option that you mentioned
index.php/fa/41264/0/

And this might be a dumb question but I don't have any .project files in my project folders... Is it a file that we have to create in order to setup the project as a plugin project?

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2021 14:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to convert Sirius Project to Eclipse Plugin? [message #1847734 is a reply to message #1847727] Thu, 04 November 2021 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

You most certainly have .project files, however in this respect EClipse is dishonest by offering MIcrosoft-style helpfulness. Use the menu option to remove the *.resources filter. Almost the first thing I change whenever I create a new Workspace.

The conversion option is probably missing because you already have a plugin project.

OK. You don't mean plugin (project). You mean deployable plugin. In the old days I would use the predecessor of File->Export->Deployable Plugins and Features. Nowadays since I'm shipping bigger things I use Tycho; powerful but a lot of learning.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: How to convert Sirius Project to Eclipse Plugin? [message #1848039 is a reply to message #1847734] Thu, 18 November 2021 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is there a solution to this problem?
Can you give me a video tutorial?
thank you very much indeed

[Updated on: Thu, 18 November 2021 06:11]

Re: How to convert Sirius Project to Eclipse Plugin? [message #1848064 is a reply to message #1848039] Thu, 18 November 2021 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello Hongbin,

This is more an Eclipse plugin packaging question than a Sirius question. You can find many tutorials on Internet about the solutions given by Ed (thanks).
You can also look how to create a "Feature project" [1] and an "Update project" [2], or you can check our tutorial[3] based on the sample "Basic Family".

Best regards,
Steve
[1] https://wiki.eclipse.org/FAQ_How_do_I_create_a_feature%3F
[2] https://wiki.eclipse.org/FAQ_How_do_I_create_an_update_site_(site.xml)%3F
[3] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Sirius/Tutorials/BasicFamily#Update_Site

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius

[Updated on: Thu, 18 November 2021 22:01]

Re: How to convert Sirius Project to Eclipse Plugin? [message #1848435 is a reply to message #1848064] Thu, 02 December 2021 02:01 Go to previous message
Thank you very much
Previous Topic:Sirius product with few options for creating new project
Next Topic:How To Use The Element Based Edge Creation Tool
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:58:45 GMT 2024