Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Preserve layout with copy&paste of many elements within the same diagram
Preserve layout with copy&paste of many elements within the same diagram [message #1847360] Mon, 25 October 2021 08:30 Go to next message
Marco Codazzi is currently offline Marco CodazziFriend
I'd like to be able to preserve the layout (I mean the relative position between selected elements) when I perform the copy of many elements.
If I try to do a copy&paste action on many elements I obtain as result what it's shown in the first figure: all elements are positioned in the same location.
I'd like to have the same layout for the copied elements as shown in the second figure.
Is it possible?
Re: Preserve layout with copy&paste of many elements within the same diagram [message #1847806 is a reply to message #1847360] Tue, 09 November 2021 00:42 Go to previous message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

Indeed, the copy only handles the semantic elements so the graphical elements that appears from the auto-refresh of the diagram will not copy the layout. The copy/paste layout should not work on this case either as it is used for copying the layout of the same semantic elements between 2 different representations.
I guess you could create your own paste tool that would look for the source of the copy from the clipboard, get the graphical element for these and then "move" your pasted new graphical elements with the same layout, but that seems overkill. I found this feature request [1] but it was never planned on any version for the moment.

Best regards,
Steve

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=453548

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Two problems with a Dialog for the Container Creation
Next Topic:Performance issue with DialectManagerImpl::getRepresentationDescriptors()
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 04:47:06 GMT 2024