Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » Acceleo & Maven Repository Missing Artifacts
Acceleo & Maven Repository Missing Artifacts [message #1847181] Mon, 18 October 2021 12:22 Go to next message
Jocelyn Dumay is currently offline Jocelyn DumayFriend
Hello,
I am building an acceleo project with maven and all my acceleo plugins are searched in the https://repo.eclipse.org/content/repositories/acceleo repository.
I was using the 3.7.10-SNAPHOT version and everything worked fined until september but it seems that all the artifacts have been removed from the repository recently. The only remaining versions are the 3.6.5 or below.
Is there any other maven repository where i can find a 3.7 version of acceleo ?
Is there a way i can rebuild locally a maven repo for acceleo ?
Thanks for your help.
Re: Acceleo & Maven Repository Missing Artifacts [message #1847214 is a reply to message #1847181] Tue, 19 October 2021 13:30 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

The availability of Maven distributions for Eclipse projects is very unsatisfactory and distinctly patchy. Offerings on Maven Central ate particularly suspect since they were often created by some well-meaning enthusiast without any knowledge or co-operation from the project team. Such enthusiasts rarely distribute the next release so the Maven Central offerings can be dangerously stale.

For OCL, on which Acceleo depends, I have been trying to provide a Maven visibility but it seems remarkably hard. Eclipse users, particularly Eclipse project developers use the Tycho enhancements to Maven so that Eclipse P2 repositories work fine; no problem for us. Maven users seem reluctant to use Tycho to gain access to the P2 repos, which is a bit odd given that Tycho is respectably available from Maven Central.

I'm hoping that via [1] a simple Tycho task can be declared to 'connect' P2 repositories and that a suitable dependency file distributed as part of an Eclipse P2 repo can save the Maven user from typing many tens if not hundreds of long precise version names.

Regards

Ed Willink

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=525996 for progress.
Previous Topic:Acceleo: Custom Exception handler for IO exceptions
Next Topic:M2T
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 21:59:48 GMT 2024