Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Сhange compiler(Need use nvc compiler)
Сhange compiler [message #1844937] Thu, 30 September 2021 07:33 Go to next message
Pavel Zolotarev is currently offline Pavel ZolotarevFriend
Hello.
I want to use nvc and nvc++ compilers in eclipse. This compliers are included in Nvidia HPC SDK (PGI tools before). So, how can i change default compiler gcc to nvc and nvc++. I dont need nvcc (CUDA compiler) because its not working with openacc. I need only nvc and nvc++. My OS : centos8
Re: Сhange compiler [message #1844949 is a reply to message #1844937] Thu, 30 September 2021 13:24 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
If you are using your own makefile (or another build system), you can use whatever you want.
You probably wil have to tell the Indexer what your built-in include paths and macros are.

If you want Eclipse to generate a makefile, then you need an Eclipse toolchain
for your compiler to be able to set the options in the recipes. If the tools have the
same options as GCC then you can pretend they are GCC and just modify the
names of the tools called. Otherwise, there might be a third-party add-on
available outside of Eclipse -- most likely from Nvidia.

Alternately, you could create a toolchain yourself but doing so, while not particularly
difficult, is not trivial. You would have to get the source for one already in Eclipse then
modify it.

Previous Topic:Removing items from right-click context menu
Next Topic:Mozilla rr debugger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:01:58 GMT 2024