Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » error concerning jfx: Graphics Device initialization failed(Error during Initialization of JavaFX)
error concerning jfx: Graphics Device initialization failed [message #1844869] Tue, 28 September 2021 11:00 Go to next message
Philipp Stücker is currently offline Philipp StückerFriend
Hi guys.

This is my first post here in this forum, so I hope that I am in the right place here.

I am trying to learn how to use JavaFX. I am using a new Windows 10 PC and eclipse for my own projects as a student. I installed e(fx)clipse via the market place and created a user library, including javafx.base, .controls, . fxml, .graphics, .media, .swing, and .web. According to various tutorials, you should be able to add this user library to your project. I did but the errors did not disappear at first. After adding the library to the module.path and not the classpath, it all worked out and the errors disappeared.

index.php/fa/41039/0/

But now I get this long error-message if I try to run a project. How can I fix this? Any ideas?

index.php/fa/41040/0/

Hope you guys can help me.
Stay healthy. :)
  • Attachment: Eclipse_1.PNG
    (Size: 22.46KB, Downloaded 1972 times)
  • Attachment: Eclipse_2.PNG
    (Size: 72.50KB, Downloaded 1950 times)
Re: error concerning jfx: Graphics Device initialization failed [message #1845011 is a reply to message #1844869] Sat, 02 October 2021 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
hm interesting - can you show us the module path used to execute?
Re: error concerning jfx: Graphics Device initialization failed [message #1847322 is a reply to message #1845011] Fri, 22 October 2021 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Piekarski is currently offline Thomas PiekarskiFriend

Hello,

you could try to add the arguments -Djavafx.verbose=true and -Dprism.verbose=true to your run configuration. In doing so you'll get more log output to work with.

It could be that you're missing some native libs or a graphic driver and indeed it could be related to your first issue.

For this (follow-up) issue please take a look at https://github.com/javafxports/openjdk-jfx/issues/237 as well.
Re: error concerning jfx: Graphics Device initialization failed [message #1855591 is a reply to message #1844869] Fri, 21 October 2022 20:46 Go to previous message
Tom B is currently offline Tom BFriend
Hello, I got exactly the same problem. I would appreciate any help.
Previous Topic:Nightly Runtime now on 2022-09 - Please test your apps
Next Topic:e(fx)clipse 3.9.0 has been released
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:19:50 GMT 2024