Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Broken looking diagram image exports on Linux
Broken looking diagram image exports on Linux [message #1844849] Tue, 28 September 2021 06:00 Go to next message
Erik Danielsson is currently offline Erik DanielssonFriend
Hi! Newcomer to Sirius here.
I am having an issue where some diagrams have broken texts when exporting as PDF/PNG/SVG. It only seems to occur on Linux, and the JPG/BMP both look good.

Is there a way to fix this, or is it perhaps a known bug? Worst case: would it be possible to disable these image formats on Linux perhaps?

Thanks in advance!

*The text in these diagrams look normal in the actual diagram

[Updated on: Tue, 28 September 2021 17:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Broken looking diagram image exports on Linux [message #1844904 is a reply to message #1844849] Wed, 29 September 2021 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
Hi.

I know there can be some diffrences in the font metrics computation depending on the format used (for historical reasons even the various bitmaps formats use different rendering pipelines), but usually it's just a few pixels of difference. I've never seen such a large miscomputation.

* Which versions of Sirius and GMF Runtime are you using?
* Are you on a HiDPI screen?
* Is the font configured for your labels actually present on your system (if it is not, maybe the fallback font chosen is different between the rendering and the export)?

Regards,
Pierre-Charles

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Broken looking diagram image exports on Linux [message #1847460 is a reply to message #1844904] Thu, 28 October 2021 06:28 Go to previous message
Erik Danielsson is currently offline Erik DanielssonFriend
Hi, sorry for the late reply. I'm using sirius 6.3, and I think the runtime is 1.12 or 1.13.
My screen is pretty high dpi, around 210 PPI
Yes, I should have the font downloaded on my system.

Thanks for your help!
Previous Topic:Call to Services class not working
Next Topic:Read-only session for image exporting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 16:37:33 GMT 2024