Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Fail- Code generation for ROS2([Robotics, ROS2])
Fail- Code generation for ROS2 [message #1844793] Sat, 25 September 2021 20:42 Go to next message
Luis Cruz is currently offline Luis CruzFriend
Hi,

I am testing code generation for ROS2(foxy) on Ubuntu 20.04 with Papyrus for Robotics: the example -> dummy robot:

index.php/fa/41021/0/

The code generated are incorrect(does not compile) :

index.php/fa/41022/0/

Could you update this example to work correctly with the generated C ++ code?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Luis.
Re: Fail- Code generation for ROS2 [message #1844938 is a reply to message #1844793] Thu, 30 September 2021 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
Dear Luis,

I can reproduce the issue. The problem is that the rviz and state_publisher components are not part of this example project/ROS2 package. They are apparently not automatically copied into the workspace (I did not detect this earlier, as the Eclipse projects associated with these ROS packages were already in my workspace). I understand that you already posted a bug?

Best

Ansgar
Re: Fail- Code generation for ROS2 [message #1844947 is a reply to message #1844938] Thu, 30 September 2021 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ansgar.

The code generation C++ is incorrect.

By example the file CMakeLists.txt, have rviz and not rviz2 and file package.xml have rviz and not rviz2. Too there is one error in Robot_state_publisher must be robot_state_publisher and finally robot_description cannot be empty.

Could you update this example to work correctly with the generated C ++ code?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Luis.

Re: Fail- Code generation for ROS2 [message #1844951 is a reply to message #1844947] Thu, 30 September 2021 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Luis,

thanks for the feedback. The example contains two components that are called rviz and Robot_state_publisher. The generator therefore uses these names and this is not a bug. But I agree that it is confusing, as ROS2 ships with rviz2 and a tutorial node uses robot_state_publisher. Both components are defined in models that are (by error) not copied into your workspace. So I will adapt the naming and add suitable comments to avoid a confusion. The RViz2 component will be marked as external components to enable using the standard component instead. I will also add a description, but the generator replaces a missing description with the text "No description", i.e. I could not reproduce getting an empty description from the generator in the package.xml. Which version are you using?

Ansgar
Re: Fail- Code generation for ROS2 [message #1844953 is a reply to message #1844951] Thu, 30 September 2021 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ansgar,

Thanks for your answer.

I am using ROS2 Foxy and Papyrus for Robotics(2021-03 #742)

robot_description -> I am referring to the diagram, must it have any connection?

index.php/fa/41052/0/

Please confirm when you have updated the dummy robot example.

Luis.
Re: Fail- Code generation for ROS2 [message #1846989 is a reply to message #1844953] Mon, 11 October 2021 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear Luiz,

I've created bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=576459. If you want, add yourself to the CC list. The correction will include a revision of the launch script generation, see https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=576561.

Best

Ansgar

[update: fixed URLs]

[Updated on: Tue, 12 October 2021 12:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fail- Code generation for ROS2 [message #1847472 is a reply to message #1846989] Thu, 28 October 2021 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The issue should be fixed. Can you please update to a nightly build and test?

Best

Ansgar
Re: Fail- Code generation for ROS2 [message #1847544 is a reply to message #1847472] Sun, 31 October 2021 21:56 Go to previous message
Hi Ansgar,

I confirm : example dummy_robot work correctly.

---------------------

Reverse Code C++ Fail

However in a new project the papyrus for robotics, I have executed the command: ros2 launch dummy_robot_bringup dummy_robot_bringup.launch.py (code : https://github.com/ros2/demos/tree/master/dummy_robot)

I have executed Reverse ROS Nodes Running from running system , the example dummy_robot no work correctly (You can check it yourself).

Could you update this example to work correctly with Reverse Code C++ from running system?

Regards,

Luis.

Previous Topic:Deletion of all model data
Next Topic:Installing Papyrus 6
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 05:26:35 GMT 2024