Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Communication Framework » SOLVED - using (TCF) "Run Configurations" Is "TCF agent" running ?(How do I verify that "TCF agent " is actually running ?)
SOLVED - using (TCF) "Run Configurations" Is "TCF agent" running ? [message #1844513] Wed, 15 September 2021 17:30 Go to next message
Anne Ranch is currently offline Anne RanchFriend
index.php/fa/40984/0/index.php/fa/40983/0/I am changing my posts philosophy .
Hopefully it will lead to better understanding of TCF usage on Eclipse / RPi and not be confused with
duplicate posts. There should no reason to be concerned about dupes on forum with such limited
activity anyway.

I am still dealing with somewhat outdated and centered on usage of Java documentation.
See here :

https://download.eclipse.org/tools/tcf/tcf-docs/TCF%20Getting%20Started.html

So the subject of THIS post is

1. how do I verify - using Eclipse IDE - that "TCF agent" is actually running on "remote" hardware - in my case Raspberry Pi?

PS I cannot figure out how to inser / add image to reply.

index.php/fa/40983/0/

SOLVED

The first tab in "Run Configurations" tells abut the agent , and using "Edit" will provide agent details.

And here is the "(peer) Edit" result.
Note it is called "peer" - no host / local / remote - just "unspecified function " - just peer.

index.php/fa/40984/0/

index.php/fa/40983/0/

[Updated on: Wed, 15 September 2021 19:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Is "TCF agent" running ? [message #1844518 is a reply to message #1844513] Wed, 15 September 2021 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugene Tarassov is currently offline Eugene TarassovFriend
On the Target page of the Debug Configuration you can see all agents detected by TCF discovery protocol on a local subnet.

For an agent on different subnet, the only way is to try to connect. If agent is not running, the host will reject connection.
Re: Is "TCF agent" running ? [message #1844519 is a reply to message #1844518] Wed, 15 September 2021 19:02 Go to previous message
Anne Ranch is currently offline Anne RanchFriend
No Message Body
Previous Topic:TCF - run test - is there a log?
Next Topic:2. Configuration - Download file (?)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:46:43 GMT 2024