Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Communication Framework » Success ... but more questions (Cannot find the executable on my RPi )
Success ... but more questions [message #1844469] Tue, 14 September 2021 15:33 Go to next message
Anne Ranch is currently offline Anne RanchFriend
OK, it complied, linked and runs...

10:08:18 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project BASE_CrossGCC ****
make all
Building file: ../src/BASE_CrossGCC.cpp
Invoking: Cross G++ Compiler
arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -MMD -MP -MF"src/BASE_CrossGCC.d" -MT"src/BASE_CrossGCC.o" -o "src/BASE_CrossGCC.o" "../src/BASE_CrossGCC.cpp"
Finished building: ../src/BASE_CrossGCC.cpp

Building target: BASE_CrossGCC
Invoking: Cross G++ Linker
arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -o "BASE_CrossGCC" ./src/BASE_CrossGCC.o
Finished building target: BASE_CrossGCC

10:08:20 Build Finished. 0 errors, 0 warnings. (took 1s.501ms)

Finished building target: BASE_CrossGCC

1. Should I be able to "find" -name "*BASE*"
somewhere on my RPi?
2.But it miraculously "runs" AFTER I implement "Application" " Remote File Path"
... any path, even "/" empty .

So what gives ?

Re: Success ... but more questions [message #1844475 is a reply to message #1844469] Tue, 14 September 2021 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugene Tarassov is currently offline Eugene TarassovFriend
If you enter both Local and Remote file path, TCF will copy (download) the file from Local to Remote every time you launch the debug session.

> Should I be able to "find" -name "*BASE*" somewhere on my RPi?

No, because you entered "test" as the Remote file name, not "*BASE*".

> any path, even "/" empty

I'm not sure what you mean. Remote file path cannot be a directory, it should be a file.
Re: Success ... but more questions [message #1844481 is a reply to message #1844475] Tue, 14 September 2021 23:49 Go to previous message
Anne Ranch is currently offline Anne RanchFriend
Eugene Tarassov wrote on Tue, 14 September 2021 17:04
If you enter both Local and Remote file path, TCF will copy (download) the file from Local to Remote every time you launch the debug session.

> Should I be able to "find" -name "*BASE*" somewhere on my RPi?

No, because you entered "test" as the Remote file name, not "*BASE*".

> any path, even "/" empty

I'm not sure what you mean. Remote file path cannot be a directory, it should be a file.

OK, let;s recap.
There are these entries
1. local "file path" ( Debug/BASE_CrossGCC) which is hardly a "path" because it includes the actual file name.
But that works.
2. Remote "file path" which makes no sense because just "/" will enable "run" button and it will execute on the RPi.
3. Then there is a "remote directory" which has option of "default" , and same as above item 2 - the app runs on RPi with default.

The cross linker clearly identifies the object file and I cannot "find" in on the RPi.

Now to make it more interesting - in "TCF debug" configuration I get "TCF process console " and so far I have no idea where does it come from - it is "automatic" . It does "print" all stuff coded ....

And I believe there is "by the way" a note which said that this "TCF process" has to run/ be implemented on the target.

All this makes implementing TCF such hit and miss, but I still believe resolving all of these by giving reasons why - would make Eclipse and TCF a great tool to make Raspberry really shine.

Funny part - this has all been discussed before , but my personal RAM is not that great anymore...
yes, I kept notes ....periodically destroyed by new and "improved " OS
Cheers

Previous Topic:Wiki TCF verion 1.7 update ?
Next Topic:TCF - run test - is there a log?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:14:41 GMT 2024