Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Delete... does not delete fully?(Even after deleting workspace file content, pom.xml reappears on project recreation.)
Delete... does not delete fully? [message #1844311] Wed, 08 September 2021 16:34 Go to next message
Bruno Melloni is currently offline Bruno MelloniFriend
PROBLEM:

I created a project with new/project/Maven. I used the wrong options and deleted it, checking the box to delete everything from the filesystem. I looked at the windows folder and indeed it was gone.

Then I recreated a maven project by the exact same name (different archetype) and I noticed that the pom.xml of the old project was being restored instead of creating a new one.

The only way to make it work properly and truly create a new project was to change the chase of a character in the project name.

This tells me that Eclipse is failing to delete everything about the old project even when you select the checkbox to do it. Obviously a bug, but I'm not going to worry about that.

QUESTION:

How can I fully delete all traces of the previous instance of the project?
Re: Delete... does not delete fully? [message #1847294 is a reply to message #1844311] Fri, 22 October 2021 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay Arthanareeswaran is currently offline Jay ArthanareeswaranFriend
Did you try restarting eclipse?
Re: Delete... does not delete fully? [message #1847295 is a reply to message #1847294] Fri, 22 October 2021 05:07 Go to previous message
Bruno Melloni is currently offline Bruno MelloniFriend
Jay Arthanareeswaran wrote on Fri, 22 October 2021 04:03
Did you try restarting eclipse?

LOL, of course, first thing I tried. Also eclipse -clean, clean build of the project and a bunch of other things.

I eventually figured out how to force it to happen,but I can't remember what it was. It might have been a maven-clean and update.
Previous Topic:ECJ cannot normally recognize the module info of the multi release jar
Next Topic:How to pull data from Salesforce using Java SDK in Eclipse IDE?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:28:17 GMT 2024