Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Themes and font colours(How to understand what font colour to change with themes)
Themes and font colours [message #1843929] Tue, 24 August 2021 19:51 Go to next message
Andy Hewitt is currently offline Andy HewittFriend
Hi there, First off I am getting old and my eye sight is getting worse, but for all that I still dont understand (after having chosen a theme) how to use the Windows preferences to chose the font colour to change / over-ride if you dont like a colur. E.g.

JOVIAL_TABLE_REGEX = \
re.compile ( r'TABLE{1}\s+(?P<t_name>\w+)\s+(?P<t_type>[R|V])\s+(?P<t_limit>\d)\s+(?P<t_words>\d+|[MNDB])' )

The text after r'TABLE all appears as RED ish, but I have no idea which font colour to change which matches the colour shown. How do I understand which font colour is appllied to the font?

Re: Themes and font colours [message #1843935 is a reply to message #1843929] Wed, 25 August 2021 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
For Java you will see that there are preferences for Java -> Editor -> Syntax Coloring and that those are different from the choices available in General -> Appearance -> Colors and Fonts -> Java. But I don't know which language/edtior you are using...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Themes and font colours [message #1844390 is a reply to message #1843935] Sun, 12 September 2021 18:58 Go to previous message
Andy Hewitt is currently offline Andy HewittFriend
Hi there, Apologies, I am using PyDev Python....
Previous Topic:Eclipse won't start Macbook Pro (Catalina)
Next Topic:Text Editor, key bindings (Home/End/Start/End)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:14:59 GMT 2024