Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Eclipse maven archetype catalog(Unable to configure using oomph)
Eclipse maven archetype catalog [message #1843532] Thu, 05 August 2021 01:04 Go to next message
Mario Jauvin is currently offline Mario JauvinFriend
Good day, I have a maven repository manager and I would like to configure it in eclipse using oomph. I looked using oomph preference recording, oomph preference capture, google search and lastly oomph forum search and nada.

Am I correct in discovering that this is the 1 thing oomph does not do yet?

I use eclipse 2020-06. I cannot upgrade because our organization relies on a bunch of IBM eclipse plugins that do not run yet on Java 9 or later.

[Updated on: Thu, 05 August 2021 01:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse maven archetype catalog [message #1843534 is a reply to message #1843532] Thu, 05 August 2021 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I don't know what a maven repository manager is nor now it is configured manually so I can't say how it should be done automatically. If it's recorded as a preference, should be able to find those. If you install the org.eclipse.oomph.preferences you can use Window -> Preferences -> Oomph -> All Preferences to "Edit..." all the preferences. This editor has a tool button to "Keep the editor synchronized with changes to the underlying preference store". This will select the changes preferences as they happen. You can use that to see if something you're doing to configure your maven repository manager is being stored in preferences and of course you capture those as preference tasks. If the information is being stored elsewhere, e.g., in dialog settings, you can use a resource creation task to initialize those (as you'll see with examples that populate ${workspace.location|uri}/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.jdt.ui/dialog_settings.xml so that working sets are displayed by default).

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Eclipse maven archetype catalog [message #1843535 is a reply to message #1843534] Thu, 05 August 2021 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mario Jauvin is currently offline Mario JauvinFriend
I'm sorry for not including the following info:

In eclipse preference under maven/archetype it is possible to configure additional archetype catalogs. When adding a catalog while oomph recording is enable nothing gets stored when clicking apply and close. I will try your suggestion and see if anything comes up. Will the Window -> Preferences -> Oomph -> All Preferences return anything if nothing got recorded?
Re: Eclipse maven archetype catalog [message #1843539 is a reply to message #1843535] Thu, 05 August 2021 07:05 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
The all preference editor shows literally all preferences, including secure preferences, configuration preferences, project-specific preferences. We just don't know how the configuration is stored, but if it's stored as a preference you should be able to find it. If not, you'll have to figure out where it's storing that. Likely somewhere as a file in the <workspace>/.metadata/...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:P2 error using archived Babel - handshake_failure
Next Topic:Requirement for org.eclipse.oomph.setup.feature.group missing on custom install
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:03:22 GMT 2024