Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Voice Enabled IDE(Enabling voice input to write Java code)
Voice Enabled IDE [message #1842599] Thu, 24 June 2021 21:02 Go to next message
Sudhakar K is currently offline Sudhakar KFriend

I am building a voice plugin to incorporate all the features that I use while programming in Eclipse IDE.
This is too important to me as a progressive disability is slowly affecting my keyboard usage capability. I want to know if there is any prior work done in this area. If not, is there a comprehensive documentation that I can use to build it myself.
I have already built a basic voice enabled set of features in a plugin. I am using CMU Sphinx as the voice API. I am currently struggling with auto assist features; like if I say 'dot' or 'show api', a context menu should appear showing the object attributes and methods.

Any documentation that will provide the invocation apis within the Eclipse Platform will be extremely helpful.

Thanks
Re: Voice Enabled IDE [message #1842603 is a reply to message #1842599] Fri, 25 June 2021 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
If I were to want this and Google didn't turn up the answers I needed, I'd look at the code itself and particularly at how keyboard shortcuts are implemented to invoke commands. You could set up an IDE where it's easy to search through all the code and even to change it:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Platform_SDK_Provisioning

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Voice Enabled IDE [message #1842629 is a reply to message #1842603] Fri, 25 June 2021 17:42 Go to previous message
Sudhakar K is currently offline Sudhakar KFriend
Thanks Ed, for the response. My search only found one plugin - Polaris Speech Recognition. But it is very rudimentary and only works for Windows.

The only help I got from Polaris is the general framework.

I have plugged-in the voice framework and it is functioning for some features. I am going to look into the keyboard shortcuts now.

Thanks

Previous Topic:Error installing 2021-6
Next Topic:still trying to get started
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:49:06 GMT 2024