Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Build project from GUI using imported build tree from docker(docker, imported build tree from docker, build from GUI interface)
Build project from GUI using imported build tree from docker [message #1842591] Thu, 24 June 2021 15:09 Go to next message
Jinlong Shen is currently offline Jinlong ShenFriend
We are migrating to build with docker in Ubuntu 20.
My host is Ubuntu 20. I downloaded the docker image from our repository without involving eclipse at all. I have installed the docker tooling plugin in eclipse. I could run the container from the eclipse. Right clicking on the container on one option I would open the terminal and build it from there successfully.

However, I wish to build from the eclipse GUI interface. It is a large Cmake project that contains quite a number of subprojects. The source tree is in the host. The source tree is mapped from host to the container. The build tree is mapped from container to the host. I could then import the project from the build tree top level folder.

However, I could not built the project nor the subprojects from the GUI interface?

How to solve this problem?
Re: Build project from GUI using imported build tree from docker [message #1842596 is a reply to message #1842591] Thu, 24 June 2021 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
It would help if you could show the problem you are having.
Just saying you have one isn't helpful at all.

In general, CDT just calls CMake which actually does the build.
Unless you can show CDT is calling CMake incorrectly
you should examine your CMake setup.

Re: Build project from GUI using imported build tree from docker [message #1842656 is a reply to message #1842596] Sun, 27 June 2021 09:11 Go to previous message
Jinlong Shen is currently offline Jinlong ShenFriend
@David Vavra. I has been thinking about your comment. CMake itself is correct because it is working perfectly in the container. CMake will look for some libraries and tools. I think the configuration in the container and in my host is different, for example the tools, libraries and environment variables. I do not know how to proceed.
Previous Topic:Remote debug with RaspberryPi
Next Topic:C++ on Arduino project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:43:52 GMT 2024