Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Opens, shows splash screen, then immediately crashes(Eclipse Opens, shows splash screen, then immediately crashes)
Eclipse Opens, shows splash screen, then immediately crashes [message #1842485] Mon, 21 June 2021 14:00 Go to next message
Landon Bachman is currently offline Landon BachmanFriend
I recently downloaded Eclipse 4.7 (Oxygen) and Java 11.0.2. The installer worked fine, however, when I try to open Eclipse it shows the graphic for the app, asks the folder I would like to make my workspace, then immediately crashes. I have tried deleting and redownloading everything but it still happens. In the log it says java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError. I though maybe this meant I had a path error, so I went into eclipse.ini and specified the -vm to go to javaw.exe but it sill does not work.
Re: Eclipse Opens, shows splash screen, then immediately crashes [message #1842505 is a reply to message #1842485] Mon, 21 June 2021 21:11 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

APIs that were merely deprecated from Java 9 were outright removed from Java 11. You will need a newer release of Eclipse.

4.7 is also from 2017. The 4.20 release was a few days ago, and what you should be using instead.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Mon, 21 June 2021 21:12]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Outline view collapses autoamtically
Next Topic:Create folders (non-existent) in a given path
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:52:51 GMT 2024