Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » What are the Find and Replace Symbols/Logic in Eclipse IDE for Java Developers 2020-09?
What are the Find and Replace Symbols/Logic in Eclipse IDE for Java Developers 2020-09? [message #1842419] Fri, 18 June 2021 07:49 Go to next message
Nathan  Heath is currently offline Nathan HeathFriend
What are the Find and Replace Symbols/Logic in Eclipse IDE for Java Developers 2020-09? I am using the Java programming language. I want to change certain variable identifiers all at once "replace all", but I need to know how to type what I want to happen in the "Find" box. I have been trying to find the symbols, but cannot find any material showing or explaining them all.

I am looking for a list of the symbols such as things like "!"=not, (<!r>) = replace all but not the letter "r" I believe it looks something like this those symbols, is there a comprehensive list of them somewhere?
Re: What are the Find and Replace Symbols/Logic in Eclipse IDE for Java Developers 2020-09? [message #1842530 is a reply to message #1842419] Tue, 22 June 2021 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Are you sure you don't just want to put the cursor on the variable name and use Ctrl+1 to rename it, or Ctrl+2 to refactor it across your workspace?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: What are the Find and Replace Symbols/Logic in Eclipse IDE for Java Developers 2020-09? [message #1843316 is a reply to message #1842530] Fri, 23 July 2021 12:40 Go to previous message
Steven Tillson is currently offline Steven TillsonFriend
The Eclipse SDK includes the Eclipse Java development tools JDT offering an IDE with a builtin Java incremental compiler and a full model of the Java.

If you are using Eclipse to do Java development or are on macOS install a JDK. In all cases Eclipse requires a 64bit JVM. A Java Development Kit JDK.

Or I go to https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/ and there's a magic installer or I can just select a package. If I use the magic installer it.

Previous Topic:Save actions to execute an External Tool
Next Topic:2021-09 Release and Java 17
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:52:18 GMT 2024