Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Git Staging view not updating on adding/removing files to/from the index
Git Staging view not updating on adding/removing files to/from the index [message #1842350] Wed, 16 June 2021 22:05 Go to next message
Vladimir Grishchenko is currently offline Vladimir GrishchenkoFriend
Just starting with EGit on 2021-06. When moving changes between staged and unstaged lists in the Staging View using the +/- buttons or dnd the lists do not get updated automatically, the underlying index however is correctly updated so a manual Refresh does fix the stale UI. Anyone else?
Re: Git Staging view not updating on adding/removing files to/from the index [message #1842364 is a reply to message #1842350] Thu, 17 June 2021 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Wolf is currently offline Thomas WolfFriend
No. Works normally for me, and there have been no code changes in this part of the code.

Any errors in the Eclipse log? (In your workspace, at metadata/log.)

What platform (Windows/Linux/OS X)? Which OS version exactly? If Linux: which gtk version, and X11 or Wayland?

The files being staged are present in the Eclipse workspace (i.e., somewhere in the Package or Project explorer in some Eclipse project)? Or are they outside the Eclipse workspace (but of course in the git working tree)?

There has been one minor change in a related area. Although I don't think it has anything to do with this, let's make sure:

Anything special about the paths of the files being staged/unstaged? What are the path names?

Anything special about the path name of the repository?

[Updated on: Thu, 17 June 2021 07:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Git Staging view not updating on adding/removing files to/from the index [message #1842400 is a reply to message #1842364] Thu, 17 June 2021 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vladimir Grishchenko is currently offline Vladimir GrishchenkoFriend
I'm on Windows 10, Java package with C++ and Mylyn plugins added. There were some errors in the log about SWT resources not properly disposed or something to that extent, I don't think it was EGit related, at least I couldn't see anything EGit related in the stack trace and those errors would not get logged at the time I was changing the index in the staging view. I closed all perspectives and restarted the IDE. Now it works as expected. Go figure.

The files are in the workspace but physically located outside of the workspace directory. The .git folder is at the root of the project, I think it is not recommended but should still work. The project is trivial - half a dozen files. Nothing special about the paths, project root is C:\Users\user.domain\git\project, workspace location is C:\Users\user.domain\eclipse-workspace\sandbox

I'll report if I see it again. Thanks.

[Updated on: Thu, 17 June 2021 17:01]

Re: Git Staging view not updating on adding/removing files to/from the index [message #1844223 is a reply to message #1842400] Mon, 06 September 2021 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Boyland is currently offline John BoylandFriend
A lot of my students are having the same problem on Eclipse 4.20 on Windows 10: the Git Staging window doesn't show when files get staged. Even the project explorer doesn't show changes, until the project is closed and opened again.
Re: Git Staging view not updating on adding/removing files to/from the index [message #1849197 is a reply to message #1844223] Fri, 07 January 2022 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Richika Jaisawal is currently offline Richika JaisawalFriend
Was any solution identified for this problem?
I am also facing same issue with Eclipse IDE 2021-06 (4.20).
I have to restart eclipse every time for files to move to staged area.
Re: Git Staging view not updating on adding/removing files to/from the index [message #1849206 is a reply to message #1849197] Fri, 07 January 2022 18:50 Go to previous message
Thomas Wolf is currently offline Thomas WolfFriend
I think this may be bug 574806, but I'm not entirely sure. Bug 574806 was fixed in EGit 5.13, so update your EGit.

[Updated on: Fri, 07 January 2022 18:51]

Previous Topic:Unable to clone repo in ssh or https in Eclipse(2021-12)
Next Topic:How to create a new tag?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:29:05 GMT 2024