Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Bordered Container
Bordered Container [message #1842242] Mon, 14 June 2021 09:32 Go to next message
Mohamadhassan Ebrahimi is currently offline Mohamadhassan EbrahimiFriend
Hello guys.

Is this possible to have a container as bordered children of another element?

I want to design something like the following picture:
index.php/fa/40624/0/
(Actually there are some relations between subnodes and other container1 instances that I want to show graphically here.)

What is the easiest way to achieve my goal?
I thought there should be kind of "Bordered Container" along with "Bordered Node" available, but I could not find something similar.

If it is not available directly, what is the nearest possibility to achieve my goal?
  • Attachment: Bordered.jpg
    (Size: 29.56KB, Downloaded 149 times)
Re: Bordered Container [message #1842311 is a reply to message #1842242] Wed, 16 June 2021 09:09 Go to previous message
Florian Barbin is currently offline Florian BarbinFriend
Hi,

Unfortunately there is no easy way to achieve that in Sirius. Sirius relies on GMF but with a lot of specific behaviors. It is possible to create new kind of shapes by extending both Sirius and GMF but that requires a lot of specific implementations and I can't guarantee it will work perfectly.
If you want a start point for GMF and Sirius extension, you can take a look on the UML Designer project that has extended Sirius to introduce a rotatable port : https://github.com/ObeoNetwork/UML-Designer/tree/master/plugins/org.obeonetwork.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.extension

Best regards,

Florian
Previous Topic:Last call for SiriusCon 2021!
Next Topic:Specifying sub-graphs using containers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:32:46 GMT 2024