Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Jubula - Referenced Parameter - Ignore case sensitivity and spacing(Jubula - Check text via referenced parameter - Ignore case sensitivity and spacing)
Jubula - Referenced Parameter - Ignore case sensitivity and spacing [message #1842208] Fri, 11 June 2021 16:42
Jac Jeffery is currently offline Jac JefferyFriend
Hi there,

I am new to Jubula and automation and I have a query please re case sensitivity when checking text.

I have created a test case to check text on a component using ub_ctx_checkText action, I have given it a referenced parameter of =CUSTOMER_NAME.

The value in the AUT for this field is a mixture of upper and lowercase characters and also contains spacing after the name i.e. "Mr John Smith ". I would like to do a check on the value, but to ignore whether any of the characters are in upper or lowercase and ignore any spacing after the value.

I understand that I maybe able to use a regular expression, so have set the operator to 'matches' but I am not sure how I make the referred parameter ignore case sensitivity? I have tried using \\(?i)=CUSTOMER_NAME to try to start by ignoring case sensitivity, but as soon as I input a ? the parameter becomes invalid.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Kindest Regards,
J
Previous Topic:How to get Column Header name of Table in Swing Application
Next Topic:scroll to invisible Component
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:23:31 GMT 2024