Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Context-help drop-down content for Ant Editor(Request for Implementation Information)
Context-help drop-down content for Ant Editor [message #1842138] Thu, 10 June 2021 05:31 Go to next message
Jörn Guy Süß is currently offline Jörn Guy SüßFriend

I am implementing custom Ant tasks in Eclipse using the requisite extension points to make them available to the platform.

This works well, but I would like to make context information for tasks and parameters available in the ant editor. I see that this is provided for some, but not all standard tasks and parameters. I cannot find where this information is specified.

Does anyone know what the Ant editor consults to look up this information?
Re: Context-help drop-down content for Ant Editor [message #1842156 is a reply to message #1842138] Thu, 10 June 2021 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I find it handy to have a workspace with all the Eclipse SDK projects in it so that I can search the source to find answers to questions like this one, i.e., how is that implemented?

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Platform_SDK_Provisioning

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Context-help drop-down content for Ant Editor [message #1842222 is a reply to message #1842156] Sat, 12 June 2021 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks for this and no question, I can ramp up spy and dig through all the details. However, the point of the forum seemed to be to get a shortcut to information before I go digging in depth.
Re: Context-help drop-down content for Ant Editor [message #1842263 is a reply to message #1842222] Mon, 14 June 2021 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

For anyone looking for this: The task descriptions are at this hard-coded
using a description file for ant 1.6.1 embedded in the plugin. There is a nice proposed infrastructure for documentation, but it is not exposed. Would be great to have that gap filled...
Re: Context-help drop-down content for Ant Editor [message #1842892 is a reply to message #1842263] Mon, 05 July 2021 12:59 Go to previous message
Steven Tillson is currently offline Steven TillsonFriend
I find it handy to have a workspace with all the Eclipse SDK projects
Previous Topic:Eclipse won't compile project on Google Drive
Next Topic:the server selected protocol version tls10 is not accepted by client preferences tls12
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:29:29 GMT 2024