Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [CDO] Prefetch policy
[CDO] Prefetch policy [message #1841979] Sat, 05 June 2021 15:36 Go to next message
Sorour Jahanbin is currently offline Sorour JahanbinFriend
Hi,

I've just started working with CDO and I cloned code from the Git repository.
I have a question about prefetching and caching. I see that we can load objects on-demand using RevisionPrefetchingPolicy, CollectionLoadingPolicy and CDOFetchAnalyzer. But is it possible that we can load just the features of the object we need instead of the whole object?

For example:

Customer {
attr : name,
attr : address
}

for (Customer c : getCustomers()){
c.name.println();
}

Here, I just care about the name attribute of the Customer and there is no need to load the address as well.

Could you please let me know that CDO supports this? if yes, how (using which classes), I can implement this?

Thanks,
Sorour
Re: [CDO] Prefetch policy [message #1842003 is a reply to message #1841979] Mon, 07 June 2021 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Loading objects only partially is not supported. If this kind of performance tuning is essential for your use case you must design your model accordingly. E.g., factor the features that don't need to be loaded initially into a separate class /object.

Please be very careful with (ideally avoid) a CollectionLoadingPolicy. It's not compatible with many newer CDO features!

Re: [CDO] Prefetch policy [message #1847450 is a reply to message #1842003] Wed, 27 October 2021 14:50 Go to previous message
Sorour Jahanbin is currently offline Sorour JahanbinFriend
Thank you very much, Eike.
Previous Topic:EMF Pluggin
Next Topic:[CDO] Error saving an EByteArray
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:43:40 GMT 2024