Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » still trying to get started(- schema_reference.4: Failed to read schema document 'platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.xsd/cache/www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd', because 1) could not find the document; 2) the document could not be read; 3) the)
still trying to get started [message #1841927] Thu, 03 June 2021 17:26 Go to next message
Paul Kagan is currently offline Paul KaganFriend
- schema_reference.4: Failed to read schema document 'platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.xsd/cache/www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd', because 1) could not find the document; 2) the document could not be read; 3) the root element of the document is not
<xsd:schema>.

I get the following error in a line in xml it's the same project I started at the beginning. Is there not a way that it can just start off correctly?
Re: still trying to get started [message #1841928 is a reply to message #1841927] Thu, 03 June 2021 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
going to try again with a new test I paid attention to each part ...
Re: still trying to get started [message #1841929 is a reply to message #1841928] Thu, 03 June 2021 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I started a new project called test1 and it comes bundled with so many errors...

Java compiler level does not match the version of the installed Java project facet.
Unbound classpath container: 'JRE System Library [JavaSE-16]' in project 'test1'
The project cannot be built until build path errors are resolved
Description Resource Path Location Type
There is '1' error in 'javaee_8.xsd'. faces-config.xml /test/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF line 2 Language Servers

Description Resource Path Location Type
schema_reference.4: Failed to read schema document 'platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.xsd/cache/www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd', because 1) could not find the document; 2) the document could not be read; 3) the root element of the document is not <xsd:schema>. faces-config.xml /test/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF line 5 Language Servers

I don't know what the faces is about but it would be nice if this thing could show some sign of life...
Re: still trying to get started [message #1841932 is a reply to message #1841929] Thu, 03 June 2021 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Did you set up a Java 16 in your preferences?

The Problem sounds a lot like https://github.com/eclipse/lemminx/issues/1042

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Thu, 03 June 2021 19:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: still trying to get started [message #1841941 is a reply to message #1841932] Fri, 04 June 2021 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it doesn't look similar or "sound" similar in any way. there is no face-config.xml file in my project that needs fixing...

I guess the similarity is that we are all having a problem it looks similar to something else is a great way to throw me down a tunnel and bury my issue...
Re: still trying to get started [message #1841942 is a reply to message #1841941] Fri, 04 June 2021 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
<web-app xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/javaee" xsi:schemaLocation="http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/javaee http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_4_0.xsd" id="WebApp_ID" version="4.0">

I am having a problem with that line... and this is just auto generated I haven't even started coding yet... this thing is giving problems... which is unbelievable... I just clicked Create New dynamic web project and there's a problem with the xml that the "Eclipse" generated...

the other problems:

Description	Resource	Path	Location	Type
Java compiler level does not match the version of the installed Java project facet.	test		Unknown	Faceted Project Problem (Java Version Mismatch)

should I open a new discussion on this issue since you think you already answered it by saying it looked similar to someone else's so that I could have a sort of fresh question or is there still a chance that this thread will get some attention?
Re: still trying to get started [message #1841943 is a reply to message #1841942] Fri, 04 June 2021 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do I need that xml line where is it coming from? I mean I was trying to build a software to be able to let people in my organization have access to the data that they need.
Re: still trying to get started [message #1841944 is a reply to message #1841943] Fri, 04 June 2021 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now the error dissapeared on the web.xml without explanation...

I got this one left :
Java compiler level does not match the version of the installed Java project facet.

installed Java project facet... what is that? I'll try to figure that out...
Re: still trying to get started [message #1841945 is a reply to message #1841944] Fri, 04 June 2021 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the web.xml problem came back as I scrolled through the project that was auto generated from the ide... seems great ... what can I do to get started on this?
Re: still trying to get started [message #1842032 is a reply to message #1841941] Mon, 07 June 2021 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Paul Kagan wrote on Thu, 03 June 2021 22:00
it doesn't look similar or "sound" similar in any way. there is no face-config.xml file in my project that needs fixing...

I guess the similarity is that we are all having a problem it looks similar to something else is a great way to throw me down a tunnel and bury my issue...

There's one mentioned in your sometimes-happening error message, which is why I directed you to the Lemminx Issue.

As for the Facet problem, I already talked about it in the other thread at https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=1108030&goto=1841764&#msg_1841764. You can fix it by changing the values on the the Project Facets or Java Compiler property page, or possibly by making sure there's a Java 16 JDK set on your Installed JREs preference page.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai

[Updated on: Fri, 25 June 2021 21:35]

Re: still trying to get started [message #1842624 is a reply to message #1841927] Fri, 25 June 2021 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mumtahina Parvin is currently offline Mumtahina ParvinFriend
here is also my error message in web.xml file and I am stuck with it five days :(

schema_reference.4: Failed to read schema document 'platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.xsd/cache/www.w3.org/2001/
xml.xsd', because 1) could not find the document; 2) the document could not be read; 3) the root element of the
document is not <xsd:schema>.
and finally i got error in running my jsp project in apache tomcat server,
  • Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 92.97KB, Downloaded 237 times)
  • Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 92.97KB, Downloaded 210 times)
Re: still trying to get started [message #1842633 is a reply to message #1842624] Fri, 25 June 2021 21:34 Go to previous message

Mumtahina, that should probably have been a separate thread, but you can not directly serve anything under WEB-INF to clients like a web browser. That's where you put private resources and class files--which you definitely don't want someone decompiling for secrets.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai

[Updated on: Fri, 25 June 2021 21:37]

Previous Topic:Voice Enabled IDE
Next Topic:Jetty 9.4.42 installed in eclipse 2021-06 - Missing Constraints Validation error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:06:23 GMT 2024