Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Im new to minecraft coding and I tried to open the game with run and this error poped up
Im new to minecraft coding and I tried to open the game with run and this error poped up [message #1841795] Sun, 30 May 2021 07:54 Go to next message
Benjamin Govedarovic is currently offline Benjamin GovedarovicFriend
2021-05-30 09:51:25,042 WARN Unable to instantiate org.fusesource.jansi.WindowsAnsiOutputStream
2021-05-30 09:51:25,045 WARN Unable to instantiate org.fusesource.jansi.WindowsAnsiOutputStream
[09:51:25] [main/INFO] [GradleStart]: Extra: [username=<username>, password=<password>]
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: class jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader cannot be cast to class java.net.URLClassLoader (jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader and java.net.URLClassLoader are in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap')
at net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleForgeHacks.searchCoremods(GradleForgeHacks.java:87)
at net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStartCommon.launch(GradleStartCommon.java:86)
at GradleStart.main(GradleStart.java:26)

I tried to setup eclipse for minecraft coding but I constantly get errors.
Re: Im new to minecraft coding and I tried to open the game with run and this error poped up [message #1841837 is a reply to message #1841795] Mon, 31 May 2021 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denis Roy is currently offline Denis RoyFriend

I've tried this a few months ago, and had the same experience. The problem is that most sites don't update their instructions with the latest versions of Minecraft, so you have to use the exact version of each dependency.

Denis Roy
Eclipse Webmaster -- webmaster@eclipse.org
Re: Im new to minecraft coding and I tried to open the game with run and this error poped up [message #1841886 is a reply to message #1841837] Wed, 02 June 2021 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm trying to make a 1.8.9 mod but I don't know what version to use. Do you know any?

[Updated on: Wed, 02 June 2021 09:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Im new to minecraft coding and I tried to open the game with run and this error poped up [message #1841896 is a reply to message #1841886] Wed, 02 June 2021 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
My guess based on Googling this stack trace is that the library you are using does not work with Java 9 or higher because it assume the class loader is a URL class loader. So you either need something newer or run with Java 8.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Im new to minecraft coding and I tried to open the game with run and this error poped up [message #1841954 is a reply to message #1841896] Fri, 04 June 2021 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know what I did different but my Eclipse Mars worked and when I ran the java file Minecraft opened so I guess it was the version of Eclipse.
Re: Im new to minecraft coding and I tried to open the game with run and this error poped up [message #1841956 is a reply to message #1841954] Fri, 04 June 2021 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Probably your old Mars IDE was using an older JVM and that JVM became the default JRE used in the workspace. Compare what's in Window -> Preferences -> Java -> Installed JREs.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Im new to minecraft coding and I tried to open the game with run and this error poped up [message #1844957 is a reply to message #1841795] Thu, 30 September 2021 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anita tukci is currently offline anita tukciFriend
I like the idea, and in general, I'm a big fan of Minecraft. I didn't know a lot before and played like a regular beginner until one of my friends showed me https://minecraft.buzz/category/kitpvp, And I didn't realize how much I had lost. If you want to play from a secure server, this is the best option I've ever met. I like that it is not buggy and is well suited for those who have not played before and those who have been in this game for years

[Updated on: Wed, 20 October 2021 13:21]

Re: Im new to minecraft coding and I tried to open the game with run and this error poped up [message #1861367 is a reply to message #1844957] Mon, 09 October 2023 08:56 Go to previous message
john simon is currently offline john simonFriend
I see it's been a while, but I've got a hunch that you've been using the wrong version of Java. Sometimes, Minecraft modding requires an older Java version to work smoothly, so it might be worth trying a different Java version. As for setting up Eclipse for Minecraft coding, it's crucial to follow a reliable guide or tutorial specific to Minecraft modding with Eclipse. But if you're looking to add extra features, I wanted to share that I've discovered a goldmine of mods and addons at modbay.org. They've seriously amped up the game's functionality and made my Minecraft adventures even more exciting. Other Minecraft fans will probably find it interesting too!

[Updated on: Thu, 12 October 2023 07:47]

Previous Topic:Is it possible to merge Eclipse for Java Developers and Eclipse CDT into one Eclipse?
Next Topic:Unable to Access java.sql Package in JavaFX Project in Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 05:19:14 GMT 2024