Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » One diagram representation for many objets
One diagram representation for many objets [message #1841746] Thu, 27 May 2021 11:01 Go to next message
John Duke is currently offline John DukeFriend
Hi guys,

I am currently working on the little project using EMF and Sirius framework. The goal is to create graphical visualisation of some basics functional blocks. Everything went fine - I made EMF model and Sirius visualisation with possibilities to create, delete and connect functional blocks that I declared.

At the moment I want to make a type of block that is graphically represented by one block like the others I have made so far, but contains logic made of few basic blocks inside. My idea was to use tool navigation and navigate to new diagram when block is clicked. The point is, that the diagram inside the blocks should allow to same tools as the main diagram, but should have it's own blocks to. At the moment the diagram it's being made under this "super" functional blocks contains same blocks as the main one. It is basically the same diagram. When I delete block in one diagram, it disappears in the other one.

Is it possible to make these diagram hold independent instances of blocks? If it is, how should it be done? I would be really grateful for any answers.
Re: One diagram representation for many objets [message #1841771 is a reply to message #1841746] Fri, 28 May 2021 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

I am not sure what you mean by "hold independent instances of blocks", but if I understood correctly, what you need for the "subdiagram" (diagram inside the blocks) is another "Diagram Description". On the default layer, there is a tab "Import" with a field "Reused Mappings". Select all the mapping from your first "Diagram Description" to have the same display and then add the addition mappings you need inside the layer. Same thing for the tool, Add a new "Tool/Section", select it and on the "Reused tools" field add all the tools you need from the first "Diagram Description" and then create the additional ones you need.

Best regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: One diagram representation for many objets [message #1842141 is a reply to message #1841771] Thu, 10 June 2021 06:57 Go to previous message
John Duke is currently offline John DukeFriend
Hello,

thank you for your answer.

I have managed to make what I wanted. I can declare some container creation tool, which I can drag from tools panel and if I click on it creates and navigates to own diagram of instance made. I have also managed to make this "inner" diagram have some another blocks inside from start which is great. Now I wonder if there is a possiblity have connections between objects in this inner diagram? Basically I want to have a block representation at my main diagram which holds some inner diagram with prepared blocks and connections between them. At the moment I have blocks only and I don't know if it is possible to make these connections to be made at the moment of creating inner diagram?

Again, I would be grateful for any answers.
Previous Topic:[ANN] Sirius 6.5.0
Next Topic:Container Drop Relation based edges
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:00:54 GMT 2024