Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Eclipse Tutorial , Creating the Project, Accessing JUnit(Followed each step carefully, but ran into trouble accessing the JUnit package)
Eclipse Tutorial , Creating the Project, Accessing JUnit [message #1841521] Thu, 20 May 2021 00:40 Go to next message
richard olenick is currently offline richard olenickFriend
To: Eclipse Forum:
I am enrolled as a beginning Computer Science Student in an online university. My current course is in Java.

For some weeks I have had recurrent issues with Eclipse that prevented me from completing my assignments.

I was unable to secure help from the university, and decided to uninstall Eclipse and start fresh. And also to acquire an in-depth understanding of the IDE.

I tried the Eclipse tutorial and followed each step carefully, but ran into trouble accessing the JUnit package in the "Creating the Project" section and was unable to proceed past Step 9. of that section.

I would like to complete this excellent example, not only for its own sake, but to gain experience in correcting future Eclipse issues. I have to learn where to turn, for help with Eclipse. If I can't resolve this one, I'll have no confidence that I will be able to complete my future assignments.

I have attached a complete set of screenshots for each step of the above example . I took a screenshot of each step along the way. Most of them are included just in case you need to refer to them. But the important screenshots start with Step 9.

I was unable to proceed past Step 9. Because I could not access the JUnit archive required in the example.

Please let me know if you have trouble opening the files. I have attached two identical copies from different locations. One from my PC and the other from ICloud.

Kindly help me to resolve this. Thank you.

Richard O'Lenick
richard.olenick@me.com
(810) 772-9215

Re: Eclipse Tutorial , Creating the Project, Accessing JUnit [message #1841522 is a reply to message #1841521] Thu, 20 May 2021 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

What tutorial are you referring to?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Eclipse Tutorial , Creating the Project, Accessing JUnit [message #1841553 is a reply to message #1841522] Thu, 20 May 2021 12:36 Go to previous message
richard olenick is currently offline richard olenickFriend
Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your reply to my post requesting more information about the "Tutorial".

The tutorial is the one accessed from the "Help" menu of Eclipse
- Version 2021-03 (4.19.0)
- Build id 20210312
I have attached a copy of my original posting below, which includes a Word file that gives comprehensive
details and screenshots of my problem. Please let me know if you have a problem opening it.

Here is an excerpt from the attached Word file which identifies the Section of the Tutorial where I am having trouble accessing JUnit:
- Getting the Sample Code (JUnit)
- First you need to download the JUnit source code.
- 1. Click here to download the JUnit source code.
- 2. Save the archive (do not extract) to a directory from now on referenced as <Downloads>.
Richard

*********************************************************************************************************************************
BELOW IS A COPY OF MY ORIGINAL POST INCLUDING THE "WORD" FILE INCLUDING DETAILS:
******************************************************************************************************************************
To: Eclipse Forum:
I am enrolled as a beginning Computer Science Student in an online university. My current course is in Java.

For some weeks I have had recurrent issues with Eclipse that prevented me from completing my assignments.

I was unable to secure help from the university, and decided to uninstall Eclipse and start fresh. And also to acquire an in-depth understanding of the IDE.

I tried the Eclipse tutorial and followed each step carefully, but ran into trouble accessing the JUnit package in the "Creating the Project" section and was unable to proceed past Step 9. of that section.

I would like to complete this excellent example, not only for its own sake, but to gain experience in correcting future Eclipse issues. I have to learn where to turn, for help with Eclipse. If I can't resolve this one, I'll have no confidence that I will be able to complete my future assignments.

I have attached a complete set of screenshots for each step of the above example . I took a screenshot of each step along the way. Most of them are included just in case you need to refer to them. But the important screenshots start with Step 9.

I was unable to proceed past Step 9. Because I could not access the JUnit archive required in the example.

Please let me know if you have trouble opening the files. I have attached two identical copies from different locations. One from my PC and the other from ICloud.

Kindly help me to resolve this. Thank you.

Richard O'Lenick
richard.olenick@me.com
(810) 772-9215

Previous Topic:importing ArrayList class
Next Topic:The tycho throwed java.lang.IllegalAccessError
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:28:49 GMT 2024