Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » CMake Setup Windows mingw(How to setup eclipse for cmake )
CMake Setup Windows mingw [message #1840937] Thu, 29 April 2021 08:50 Go to next message
Keyara Edwards is currently offline Keyara EdwardsFriend
I've been trying to set up new projects to run cmake. I want to build a project in cmake. I have already installed cmake the software and mingw on a windows 10 computer. I've tried to create the project then turn it into a cmake project by adding a different debug and release configuration. I have also tried importing an existing code by creating a cmake file with simple commands. The error I get is: symbol cout could not be resolved and that none of the C++ standard library is included. Any suggestions, tips, or help are welcome. System Path has already been made.
Re: CMake Setup Windows mingw [message #1840973 is a reply to message #1840937] Thu, 29 April 2021 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
Quote:
The error I get is: symbol cout could not be resolved and that none of the C++ standard library is included.

This is actually an Indexer issue. It has nothing to do with CMake per se.
The GNU Make build projects have a dialog entitled Preprocessor Include Paths, Macros, etc.
This dialog controls where the Indexer gets its information.
One of the places is from the compiler itself (Builtins).
This only works for some compilers (gcc and clang).

In a CMake project this dialog is missing but apparently the providers still exist.
There's a list of providers in Window --> Preferences --> C/C++ --> Build --> Settings --> Discovery tab

What's not clear is which ones will be used and when.
I made a CMake project that eventually obtained the compiler builtins.
The entire CMake Project concept is somewhat different than for projects using Make and is poorly documented .
The only way to find out how it works seems to be experimentation and reading the CDT source.

Unless you are really ambitious and intent on using Eclipse CMake projects,
I suggest using the normal (I.e. Makefile projects) by allowing CMake to generate a Makefile
then build using that Makefile and run CMake externally as needed
or change the build command (Project --> C/C++ Build --> Build Command) to be cmake.
Re: CMake Setup Windows mingw [message #1856888 is a reply to message #1840973] Sat, 07 January 2023 11:19 Go to previous message
Keyara Edwards is currently offline Keyara EdwardsFriend
I truly apologize I thought I had responded with a thank you but I didn't but thank you.
Previous Topic:Eclipse 2022-12 New Project Create Failed
Next Topic:"undefined reference" error despite include files being accessible
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 10:47:21 GMT 2024