Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » New Element Based Edge not working
New Element Based Edge not working [message #1840824] Mon, 26 April 2021 07:46 Go to next message
Benny Xuan is currently offline Benny XuanFriend
Hello lovely community,

I got a problem with the view of my relation. When i create the realtion within my sample it works perfect. But when trying to concat both the source and target port it doesnt do anything within my representation diagram.

Did I go wrong at some point? It would be nice to get a solution for this.
Thank you!

index.php/fa/40390/0/
index.php/fa/40391/0/
index.php/fa/40392/0/
index.php/fa/40393/0/
index.php/fa/40394/0/

Best regards,
Xuan
  • Attachment: 3.PNG
    (Size: 34.04KB, Downloaded 289 times)
  • Attachment: 4.PNG
    (Size: 24.53KB, Downloaded 284 times)
  • Attachment: 1.PNG
    (Size: 44.32KB, Downloaded 347 times)
  • Attachment: 2.PNG
    (Size: 21.82KB, Downloaded 292 times)
  • Attachment: 5.PNG
    (Size: 20.05KB, Downloaded 286 times)
Re: New Element Based Edge not working [message #1840897 is a reply to message #1840824] Wed, 28 April 2021 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Barbin is currently offline Florian BarbinFriend
Hi !
I took a look on your metamodel screenshot and it seems that the feature owning the new FunctionExchange is "func_exchanges" and I see "func_exchange" in the properties view of the Create Instance lab::FunctionalExchange.

Regards,

Florian
Re: New Element Based Edge not working [message #1840900 is a reply to message #1840897] Wed, 28 April 2021 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Florian,

Thank you for your response. I changed it already. But the Tool isnt working either. Maybe it is an issue related to the ports I want to connect via the domain FunctionalExchange? The ports are within a container.

Best regards,
Benny
Re: New Element Based Edge not working [message #1840907 is a reply to message #1840900] Wed, 28 April 2021 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When you perform Ctrl+space on the type Name field, do you see the FunctionalExchange type?
> The ports are within a container.
Indeed, I do not see all your metamodel but "self" might not be the right context (the eObject owning the func_exchanges feature). In your Change Context expression, you may need to go up to the container that will own the new functionalExchange. If you need, you can test your expressions by using the Interpreter View.

Florian
Re: New Element Based Edge not working [message #1840935 is a reply to message #1840907] Thu, 29 April 2021 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes it shows up. But for the Reference Name* it doesnt show me the attribute I got within this domain class.

I already tested everything out. I figured out that the instance of the type FunctionalExchange is not being created but I dont know why...

Thanks
Re: New Element Based Edge not working [message #1840963 is a reply to message #1840935] Thu, 29 April 2021 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nothing in the error log?
Are you sure that your context (Change context) is the right one? It should provide the element that owns the feature func_exchanges.
You have to retrieve the parent object that will contain the new exchange. You can start from the source for instance.
If the aql expression becomes too complex, it is possible to define and call your own java service in the Change Context : "aql:source.yourServiceName". See https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/specifier/general/Writing_Queries.html#service_methods.

You can find a good example in the ecoreTools project for instance: https://github.com/eclipse/ecoretools/tree/master/org.eclipse.emf.ecoretools.design

Regards,

Florian
Re: New Element Based Edge not working [message #1840997 is a reply to message #1840963] Fri, 30 April 2021 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No the error Log is empty.
But How can I set the context to provide the element that owns the feature func_exchanges when it hasn't been created yet?

The create instance is creating the element which ibasically is the Edge. And this happens after Change Context.

index.php/fa/40426/0/

• Attachment: example1.png
    (Size: 42.45KB, Downloaded 203 times)
Re: New Element Based Edge not working [message #1841199 is a reply to message #1840997] Thu, 06 May 2021 10:41 Go to previous message
*The problem has been solved.
In the metamodel func_exchanges didn't had a composition to FunctionalExchange with the feature "func_exchanges"

Thank you for your help!
Previous Topic:Element Based Edge in one editor across different metamodels
Next Topic:Access property 'authorized Sides' of a bordered Node Element
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:06:08 GMT 2024