Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » An internal error has occurred(java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Comparison method violates its general contract!)
An internal error has occurred [message #1840646] Wed, 21 April 2021 10:04 Go to next message
Nuchem Katz is currently offline Nuchem KatzFriend
A couple of days ago, I started noticing eclipse throwing at me the this error, every time I attempted to do Maven -> Update project. (screen capture attached). I didn't take it serious at the time as it still seemed to be updating it.

But now, I can't ignore it anymore as all of a sudden, after installing lombok and integrating it with eclipse, maven seems not to recognizes it and refuses to acknowledge the @Setter and @Getter that lombok provides me. So, I cannot do a mvn clean install and can't update the project fully either, it seems.

I suspect the two maybe related. But alas, I don't remember now what it is I did that started generating this error shown in the screenshot.

Would anyone be so kind and tach me how to interpret the below stack trace in my eclipse log? Or at least tell me what the issues is? Thank you!

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2021-04-21 10:42:19.716
!MESSAGE An internal error has occurred.
!STACK 0
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Comparison method violates its general contract!
at java.base/java.util.TimSort.mergeHi(TimSort.java:903)
at java.base/java.util.TimSort.mergeAt(TimSort.java:520)
at java.base/java.util.TimSort.mergeForceCollapse(TimSort.java:461)
at java.base/java.util.TimSort.sort(TimSort.java:254)
at java.base/java.util.Arrays.sort(Arrays.java:1232)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreePathViewerSorter.sort(TreePathViewerSorter.java:105)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.getSortedChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:645)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.updateChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:2671)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.internalRefreshStruct(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1960)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.internalRefreshStruct(TreeViewer.java:677)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.internalRefresh(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1936)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.internalRefresh(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1893)
at org.eclipse.ui.navigator.CommonViewer.internalRefresh(CommonViewer.java:532)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.lambda$3(StructuredViewer.java:1484)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.preservingSelection(StructuredViewer.java:1400)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.preservingSelection(TreeViewer.java:363)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.preservingSelection(StructuredViewer.java:1361)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.refresh(StructuredViewer.java:1484)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ColumnViewer.refresh(ColumnViewer.java:538)
at org.eclipse.ui.navigator.CommonViewer.refresh(CommonViewer.java:349)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.packageview.PackageExplorerContentProvider.lambda$1(PackageExplorerContentProvider.java:955)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.packageview.PackageExplorerContentProvider.runUpdates(PackageExplorerContentProvider.java:210)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.packageview.PackageExplorerContentProvider.runPendingUpdates(PackageExplorerContentProvider.java:202)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.packageview.PackageExplorerContentProvider$1.runInUIThread(PackageExplorerContentProvider.java:180)
at org.eclipse.ui.progress.UIJob.lambda$0(UIJob.java:95)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:40)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:185)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4001)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3629)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1157)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1046)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:155)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:644)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:551)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:156)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:152)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:401)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:64)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:564)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:653)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:590)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1461)
Re: An internal error has occurred [message #1840652 is a reply to message #1840646] Wed, 21 April 2021 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The two weren't related.

It appears I've not had lombok as a path inside inside the <annotationProcessorPaths> tag and also had put too high a version inside the source and target attribute of the maven compiler (I had 15 before):

<plugin>
            <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
            <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
             <version>3.8.0</version>
            <configuration>
                <source>11</source> 
                <target>11</target> 
                <annotationProcessorPaths>
                    <path>
                        <groupId>org.mapstruct</groupId>
                        <artifactId>mapstruct-processor</artifactId>
                        <version>${org.mapstruct.version}</version>
                    </path>
                  <path>
                        <groupId>org.mapstruct</groupId>
                        <artifactId>mapstruct-processor</artifactId>
                        <version>${org.mapstruct.version}</version>
                    </path>
                </annotationProcessorPaths>
            </configuration>
        </plugin>

Although I'm still getting the above error whenever I try updating my project.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 April 2021 12:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: An internal error has occurred [message #1840726 is a reply to message #1840652] Thu, 22 April 2021 17:43 Go to previous message
I forgot about running eclipse.exe with -clean. This helped.
Previous Topic:How to Trigger "Build All" for site.xml via ANT task
Next Topic:Listen to plugin uninstall hook
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:12:59 GMT 2024