Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Headless Build; docker and references
Headless Build; docker and references [message #1840558] Mon, 19 April 2021 10:44
John McCabe is currently offline John McCabeFriend
Hi,

I'm using eclipse 2021-03 and trying to build a whole load of projects from the command line using the Headless Build feature.

Quote:

eclipse --launcher.suppressErrors -nosplash -data ~/work/HeadlessBuild/hbws -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -importAll embedded -build all

The first issue is that the log shows this:

Quote:

An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.cdt.docker.launcher

plus a load of UI-related Java stack dump messages etc and this:

Quote:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Workbench has not been created yet.

I'm not using Docker at all in these, although support is installed; does anyone know a way to avoid getting this error?

The second thing is I'm using -importAll and -build all, but the first project that gets built refers to another project that I thought would get build before it. I'm sure I've read about this issue before, but can't find the details of how to get it to build in the 'right' order; can anyone help (providing a link would be great!).

Also, a couple of my projects have a Python builder that needs to be run before the C++ builder; is this sort of thing not supported? It's done as a separate builder before the C++ one because it generates the C++ code from IDL and, if it's a "pre-build step" in the C++ settings, it just doesn't happen.

Any advice on how to get the headless build to do what I hoped it would will be gratefully received.
Previous Topic:Excessively Long Lines in .cproject Files
Next Topic:CDT debug memory renderings under Dark theme
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:07:48 GMT 2024