Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Can't install Eclipse(I had tried to install Eclipse IDE for Java Devs, but it gives me an error)
Can't install Eclipse [message #1840506] Fri, 16 April 2021 19:53 Go to next message
Chiang Lee is currently offline Chiang LeeFriend
I have tried to install Eclipse onto my laptop. I had some of my Eclipse data from my previous device transferred onto this laptop. I don't understand the log that was given to me. Can anyone help?

I have downloaded the zip of the pre-made version of the IDE. I don't know what to do at this point.
Re: Can't install Eclipse [message #1840516 is a reply to message #1840506] Sat, 17 April 2021 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
If you've copied the contents of your home folder to a different home folder then the folders ~/.eclipse and ~/.p2 contain absolute paths that point into your old home folder. It's easiest to just delete these folders rather than figure out which files you'd need to modify to point at your new home folder.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Can't install Eclipse [message #1840583 is a reply to message #1840516] Mon, 19 April 2021 20:57 Go to previous message
Chiang Lee is currently offline Chiang LeeFriend
Thank you, man. You're a life saver.
Previous Topic:Gerrit assistance
Next Topic:Unable to Download Older Builds of Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:07:01 GMT 2024