Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Unable to connect to Azure SQL database from Eclipse(Eclipse to Azure SQL Failing)
Unable to connect to Azure SQL database from Eclipse [message #1840390] Tue, 13 April 2021 21:47 Go to next message
Sathya Pothuru is currently offline Sathya PothuruFriend
I'm using Azure SQL instance for my project and from my old laptop i was able to connect to the Azure SQL server database from eclipse (with CISCO VPN connected to the Azure network). But recently I received a new laptop from office as the old one is corrupted. I installed SSMS and am able to connect to Azure SQL server. But I'm unable to connect to the same SQL server from eclipse IDE(2021-03).

I am getting the below exception

Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host sql-XXXXXXX, port 1433 has failed. Error: "connect timed out. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.".

If my machine is having any firewall issues, then even from SSMS I would not be able to connect. Not sure what is wrong? I've been trying to fix this for past 1 week but no luck.

Appreciate if someone can throw some light on this one
Re: Unable to connect to Azure SQL database from Eclipse [message #1840818 is a reply to message #1840390] Mon, 26 April 2021 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Emma Warner is currently offline Emma WarnerFriend
By default, Azure SQL Database instances are protected. They have a firewall in place that prevents any inbound connections. To use your database, you must instal a firewall rule that allows the database server to be accessed from a local IP address.

Since you set our local IP address at the start of this post, you can use the following command to open the server's firewall:

az sql server firewall-rule create \
--resource-group $AZ_RESOURCE_GROUP \
--name $AZ_DATABASE_NAME-database-allow-local-ip \
--server $AZ_DATABASE_NAME \
--start-ip-address $AZ_LOCAL_IP_ADDRESS \
--end-ip-address $AZ_LOCAL_IP_ADDRESS \
| jq
Re: Unable to connect to Azure SQL database from Eclipse [message #1853419 is a reply to message #1840818] Fri, 01 July 2022 08:34 Go to previous message
florian loncaric is currently offline florian loncaricFriend
Hi, have you solved your problem yet? I came across this recently and I don't know what to do at all
Previous Topic:Why the special characters after Chinese become smaller?
Next Topic:Sometimes pressing ctrl+c will jump to some unknown positions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:16:05 GMT 2024