Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Is possible to add JavaScript tools to my php IDE?(My Eclipse php IDE does not work with js files)
Is possible to add JavaScript tools to my php IDE? [message #1840268] Sat, 10 April 2021 21:52 Go to next message
Gustavo Pinent is currently offline Gustavo PinentFriend
Hi! I am trying Eclipse to work with my projects and websites. The websites have both php and JavaScript. I wish an IDE to work with both languages, but opening a js file results in a scramble text, it seems Eclipse is not prepared to work with the scripts.

I have researched in documentation. I found Web Tools Platform that have JavaScript tools - will solve my problem? I tried to install it, so I have to add the URL in the Install/Update section and than install it in the Help->Install New Software right? But these tools won't show up there...

Where should I go from here?
Re: Is possible to add JavaScript tools to my php IDE? [message #1840270 is a reply to message #1840268] Sat, 10 April 2021 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

It's quite possible you already have JavaScript tools installed, but you haven't show us what this "scramble text" looks like. Try
opening your js files in the "Generic Text Editor".

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Is possible to add JavaScript tools to my php IDE? [message #1840272 is a reply to message #1840270] Sun, 11 April 2021 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, when getting some screenshots thought I found the answer. Let's see this code:
https://www.4shared.com/img/mHuABC2Dea/s25/178beb9e488/Captura_de_Tela_2021-04-10_as_
Is opening in Eclipse like this:
https://www.4shared.com/img/9wNCZa3Jea/s25/178bebb9df0/Captura_de_Tela_2021-04-10_as_
And it seems there is some code almost hidden in a dark color. I am sure there is a way to fix this, if you point me the direction, I will be pleased.
By the way, maybe is a good idea warn the developers about this. It's a detail, but a tired mind as mine saw glitches...
Re: Is possible to add JavaScript tools to my php IDE? [message #1840289 is a reply to message #1840272] Sun, 11 April 2021 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

I think near the bottom of its context menu you'll find options to switch the theme it's using for syntax coloring. I've
never found one to my liking.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Is possible to add JavaScript tools to my php IDE? [message #1840343 is a reply to message #1840289] Mon, 12 April 2021 21:12 Go to previous message
You think right, there is a "Switch to Theme" item with options. In my case, only Dark and Monokai will work, probably because of the macOS dark theme that keep the back of the window in dark gray. Thought Dark demands less from my eyes.
Previous Topic:Turn off console log4j logging from other plugins
Next Topic:P2 Director Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:09:49 GMT 2024