Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Package __ is not accessible(I need help importing external jars.)
Package __ is not accessible [message #1840013] Sun, 04 April 2021 22:28 Go to next message
Xandor Martin is currently offline Xandor MartinFriend
So. I know this is a question that is asked a bit too much, however as you can probably guess I am new to Java and subsequently eclipse.

The problem is, that even though I have inserted the sphinx jar files into my build path, I am still getting the "Package __ is not accessible" red marks. (SS 1)

I followed this (I can't link it because I am *very* new. I'll link it in a reply message) manual on how to insert sphinx into my project, and I didn't use the maven or gradle stuff so I elected to download the jars from the repository, (link in the manual), and insert them into the project.

I then created a folder called lib in my project and inserted my jars there. And next I inserted the jars inside of the lib folder into buildpath. (SS2)

Finally I copied the first example given on the manual and I am left with the error.
I know the code requires a wav file, but that is not the issue currently, as it shouldn't give me accessible errors if it was the lack of a wav file that was the issue.

I can not tell you how long I looked online before writing this post. Like 10+ hours.

I really hope you guys can help, any advice is accepted. If you need any info please ask.

Thank you.

OH!!! One last thing. I followed that same manual for intellij and it works. However I would really like this to work on eclipse too, and it's not just with this one jar file. It happens with other jar files too.
  • Attachment: 1.PNG
    (Size: 52.30KB, Downloaded 74 times)
  • Attachment: 2.png
    (Size: 60.98KB, Downloaded 65 times)
Re: Package __ is not accessible [message #1840038 is a reply to message #1840013] Tue, 06 April 2021 04:18 Go to previous message
Xandor Martin is currently offline Xandor MartinFriend
Sorry for the late reply, I didn't know when the post would be approved, but here's the link to those who care.
https://cmusphinx.github.io/wiki/tutorialsphinx4/
Previous Topic:Not able to add Plug
Next Topic:xml editor and tools 3.21 install
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:10:34 GMT 2024