Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » -Declipse.pluginCustomization not working for RCP application(Since migrating a 3.x RCP to 64 bit I have not been able to get the -Declipse.pluginCustomization to work)
-Declipse.pluginCustomization not working for RCP application [message #1839814] Mon, 29 March 2021 12:08 Go to next message
Garrett Halstein is currently offline Garrett HalsteinFriend
Since migrating a 3.x RCP to 64 bit I have not been able to get -Declipse.pluginCustomization to work. I am not sure if there is a specific plugin or setting that I am missing. The customizing works fine on the older 3.x IDE and I know it works with the latest eclipse because you can set it in the eclipse.ini for the Eclipse IDE. However, I am not sure if things are different for current rcp applications that I am not aware of. My rcp application is running on the 3.x compatibility layer. I typically run it via a .bat file that includes -vmargs -Declipse.pluginCustomization=<propertiesFile>.
I also tried running it through the run configurations by setting the vm arguments to -Declipse.pluginCustomization=<propertiesFile>, and also through the launcherAguments. I had no luck so far with a solution so any troubleshooting tips would be greatly appreciated.
Re: -Declipse.pluginCustomization not working for RCP application [message #1839893 is a reply to message #1839814] Wed, 31 March 2021 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolf Theunissen is currently offline Rolf TheunissenFriend
Not sure if I can help you further, but does it also not work if you start on a clean workspace (or wherever your settings are stored in the RCP)?

Also this bug might be related: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=321388
Re: -Declipse.pluginCustomization not working for RCP application [message #1840386 is a reply to message #1839893] Tue, 13 April 2021 19:29 Go to previous message
Garrett Halstein is currently offline Garrett HalsteinFriend
As an executable I tried with a fresh workspace. I also have cleared the workspace when running on the IDE. No luck, although the workspace has contributed to other issues in the past. The thread you sent looks interesting though. I will be sure to check it out and see what I can gather from it.
Previous Topic:Unable to connect to the network for update
Next Topic:setEditorAreaVisible(false) ignored when switching between perspectives
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:20:51 GMT 2024