Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Debug error 'Interpreter `mi2' unrecognized.(Using Freedom Studio based on eclipse can no longer debug with it)
Debug error 'Interpreter `mi2' unrecognized. [message #1839332] Fri, 19 March 2021 11:24 Go to next message
adrian mayes is currently offline adrian mayesFriend
Using SiFive Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Development Version: 4.12.0.2019-08-2
with ARTY dev board. When debugging I get this error pretty much immediately.

"Error in services launch sequence - Interpreter `mi2' unrecognized."
mi2 is something to do with GDB - I know that much.

The project is built using gcc-8.3.0-2019.08.0 - the elf file is definitely there and it has built without error.

I've tried reinstalling my IDE and drivers.

Three months ago this was working. Now it has stopped.
I realise this sounds like a very niche error - however, hopefully someone else has seen something similar before and can make some suggestions

Re: Debug error 'Interpreter `mi2' unrecognized. [message #1839380 is a reply to message #1839332] Fri, 19 March 2021 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
Actually, this is a little off-topic for bare-bones Eclipse. It might belong to SiFive support.

For starters, check the debug settings of your project to see which debugger is being called. It has to be a cross-GDB for your processor architecture.

Second, see if the debugger is really there by calling it from the command prompt.

mi2 is the communication protocol used between Eclipse and GDB.

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: Debug error 'Interpreter `mi2' unrecognized. [message #1839389 is a reply to message #1839380] Fri, 19 March 2021 16:54 Go to previous message
adrian mayes is currently offline adrian mayesFriend
Seems it was of topic but the solution in case anyone in future has this problem:

Recreate Project using Freedom-E SDK Software Project for my project - which was e310 arty (I had selected the wrong one).
When debugging use configuration for SiFive GDB OpenOCD Debugging.

This seemed to work.
Previous Topic:Unhandled event loop exception occurs when trying to open file or folder in CDT
Next Topic:A non-existent function inside a template does not show an error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 17:20:15 GMT 2024