Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Titan » Generating message sequences after execution(How to generate nice message sequences?)
Generating message sequences after execution [message #1839186] Wed, 17 March 2021 08:22 Go to next message
Olaf Bergengruen is currently offline Olaf BergengruenFriend
Hi Titan users,

I am developing a Tester for running the ETSI MCPTT test suite for MCPTT devices (TS 36.579).

The problem I have is that after execution I have good logs, which are good for me and for other TTCN debugging engineers but not so good for presenting results to the management for example.

I envision to produce from these logs nice html pages showing the exact signalling sequence with timestamps but also marks where verdicts have been assigned or user actions have taken place. Also the user should be able to clock to a particular message to display in other windows the huge SIP and XML contents showing the module a line numbers in TTCN and the references to the corresponding test spec in 36.579.

Has anyone ideas how to generate such html pages? (I could also develop special logging functions to be added to the code)
Or can someone provide an example for a nice page which I could take in order to investigate whether it could be automatically generated from my logs?

Thanks for any hints or comments,
Olaf @ MCSTaasing (www.mcstaasting.com)
Re: Generating message sequences after execution [message #1839189 is a reply to message #1839186] Wed, 17 March 2021 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam Knapp is currently offline Adam KnappFriend
Hi Olaf,

Please take a look on the user guide, section 5: https://github.com/eclipse/titan.core/blob/master/usrguide/userguide/5-log_processing.adoc
I think this will be a good starting point.

Re: Generating message sequences after execution [message #1839196 is a reply to message #1839189] Wed, 17 March 2021 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Adam,

I am thinking in something shown in the link below out of a interop testing session (not a TTCN tester)

https://www.nemergent.com/traces/03/

Not sure whether I can achieve this with logmerge and repgen . Note also that most contents in particular in MCPTT is encrypted and needs to be decrypted/ URL decoded etc. before presenting it to the user. Also AT commands and vedicts must be handled and be properly

Regards,
Olaf
Re: Generating message sequences after execution [message #1839204 is a reply to message #1839196] Wed, 17 March 2021 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lenard Nagy is currently offline Lenard NagyFriend
Hi Olaf,

I don't know if You are using the Titan Eclips Plug-Ins or just the C++ compiler. If You are using the Eclipse Plug-Ins it has a Logviewer feature. If You browse for a log file in a Titan project in Eclipse You will get a dropdown arrow before the file name. There You right-click on a testcase name and select MSC View. Please see picture in link.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/XGrpFS28evAwr41S6
Re: Generating message sequences after execution [message #1839217 is a reply to message #1839204] Wed, 17 March 2021 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, Lénárd,

this would result in a complex MSC with inter PTCs between more than 10 PTCs (!) , and each ASP being pages of decoded TTCN templates....

What people want to see is the exact flows as in the test spec 36.579-2user interactions + verdicts, etc.

It seems that I would need to build the final html MSC by carefully adding the html elements during run time with the proper decrypted info.

I assumed that this is an issue that all test equipment vendors have: We need to produce execution views which are tailored for the SUT engineers, product managers, and type approval guys and not so much for the TTCN experts. And such views shall present sequences and contents as in the specs and RFCs.

Regards,
Olaf

Re: Generating message sequences after execution [message #1839258 is a reply to message #1839217] Thu, 18 March 2021 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kristof Szabados is currently offline Kristof SzabadosFriend
Hi Olaf,

Please note, that filtering the contents of the MSC chart is supported.
- You can filter the displayed events for timestamps, event type, message content.
- You can also filter on the name of the PTCs you wish to be displayed in the MSC chart.

For detailed information please check the help pages of the LogViewer plugin in Eclipse

Best Regards
Kristof
Re: Generating message sequences after execution [message #1839294 is a reply to message #1839258] Thu, 18 March 2021 21:03 Go to previous message
Thanks, Kristof,

It is really an art to present results in good way, and a lot of work!

Olaf
Previous Topic:Experimental Titan build for Raspberry Pi
Next Topic:Compiler Version could not be determined
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:54:40 GMT 2024