Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Learning programming online
Learning programming online [message #1839137] Mon, 15 March 2021 15:11 Go to next message
Ben Gorheam is currently offline Ben GorheamFriend
Hey there,

I need some suggestions on which resources students can rely except university courses. Some of them want to prepare before studying and get the basics at least. So if you are just a newbie in software development and consider making a new career step there should be online alternatives to try.

Does anyone have such an experience? I don't compare academic studies and online learning but they can coexist.
Any ideas are welcome.
Re: Learning programming online [message #1839143 is a reply to message #1839137] Mon, 15 March 2021 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eitan Rosenberg is currently offline Eitan RosenbergFriend
Hi,

Search for "Learning programming online".

Regards.
Re: Learning programming online [message #1839214 is a reply to message #1839143] Wed, 17 March 2021 15:47 Go to previous message
Tom Bezlar is currently offline Tom BezlarFriend
"If you already know how to program well in another language then learning to program in java should be ""easier"". However, learning any new skill takes time and effort in spite of all the ""Learn X in 21 days"" books available. If you don't already know how to program then it becomes exponentially more difficult. You probably couldn't learn to play the piano (certainly not anything even moderately difficult) in a short time. Don't expect programming to be any different.

They say practice makes perfect. In my experience it is even more true that malpractice makes malperfect. Unless you first learn the basics of good design you will likely develop bad habits that will just get reinforced the more you code. Learn the basics before you try anything major.

Since you are a beginner I would recommend starting learning java with a structured course like https://codegym.cc/ or something similar."
Previous Topic:Eclipsed locked up again
Next Topic:How to git rid of indentation help guide while writing a code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:31:47 GMT 2024